7 years experiance he said

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y

yeoplast

Had a bloke phone me looking for work the other day, he told me he had 7 years experiance, so i picked him up to give me a hand and it turns out all he can do is skim, and he wanted 140 a day, i told him to fook off, it turns out he done a 2 day plastering course

His 7 years "experience" may have been in another area??.....

Say like selling his ass in public toilets??? :RpS_scared:

Had a bloke phone me looking for work the other day, he told me he had 7 years experiance, so i picked him up to give me a hand and it turns out all he can do is skim, and he wanted 140 a day, i told him to fook off, it turns out he done a 2 day plastering course
Did you have him doing anything? Or did you pap him out the van as quick as he got in it??

Did you have him doing anything? Or did you pap him out the van as quick as he got in it??
Asked him to do some hardwall while i had a cuppa, he looked like he was using his feet to put it on, thats when i asked him what the fook he was doing, its laughable but he calls himself a plasterer, good job he wasnt far from his home cause he was carrying his tools out the door:RpS_angry:

Maybe he finished a 7 year course 2 days ago, but forgot how to do Hardwall because that bit of the course was 5 yrs ago.

I get them ringing me for jobs. I tell them what rendering experience they have got and most say none but they will soon pick it up. They never do and have no intention of but still want a fully experienced plasterers wage for doing a job they don't know what or how to do.

It's all an act. But finding anyone who knows how to render is almost impossible. Who would want to learn rendering? just act dumb, get paid anyway and let someone else take the responsibility.

Even then you're lucky to get 120 moan to keep em down and tell em you can't afford any more because that's what the going rate is

Our trade has been so broken down over the years ,skimmers ,renders ,screeders ,tackers ,covers ... so i am not shocked , teach a monkey to skim in no time

I have only ever taught 1 lad how to dash. The others could not get their heads around it (act thick). So sack them I do then out of desperation in their next job they suddenly learn how to dash. Got it all up there in the head but for me they do not want the responsibility dashing brings.

Remember the dasher takes the blame for the lot. It might be rough scratching on, no waterproofer in the scratch, mix to wet, speader being too fast and rough but the dasher always gets the blame. No wonder no one wants to learn how to do it.

I have only ever taught 1 lad how to dash. The others could not get their heads around it (act thick). So sack them I do then out of desperation in their next job they suddenly learn how to dash. Got it all up there in the head but for me they do not want the responsibility dashing brings.

Remember the dasher takes the blame for the lot. It might be rough scratching on, no waterproofer in the scratch, mix to wet, speader being too fast and rough but the dasher always gets the blame. No wonder no one wants to learn how to do it.
I love dashing and good at it but I know what your saying, I have to spread my own gear and dash and never get a piecing! Best part about dashing tho is dashing home with payment in full :RpS_thumbup:

This guy asked me for work one time ,I said what can you do ,he said I love scudding I'm great at it

I'm using The Plasterers Forum Mobile App

I was bought up with all aspects of plastering.
though i never took to dryling (boarding or dabbing)
The game had changed so much in the space of a week back in 2008.
Things have got so tight...inflation so high.
Not many options left but to 1 coat with plastic tools.
30.000m of float n set coming up ive got a chance to jump on in 3 or 4 weeks.....i think i can earn more with plastics skimming rather than destroy myself for £5m floating !!

A guy came in to our job and told the boss he could do a little of everything, the boss said, pity ,I need someone who can do a lot of everything

cant remember last time we did any dashing, few and far between these days.

Feck me I must have done 100s of dashing jobs over the years and off ladder brackets:RpS_thumbsup:.young and daft.

Wasnee that Spanky fella was et? I heard he's ruff as a cats tongue!

Dashing, they dash everything up in the highlands. I lived up there for a few year and it was pretty much all I did externally.

There's plenty of these so called "plasterers" about. I'd say as much as 80% of young lads nowadays. It is harder for them to learn it all though because the job has been so fragmented. Instead they just chance the work they don't understand. Getting in with the right gang when your on your apprenticeship makes a massive difference.

I love dashing and good at it but I know what your saying, I have to spread my own gear and dash and never get a piecing! Best part about dashing tho is dashing home with payment in full :RpS_thumbup:
yep would agree there marshy mate you are finishing as you go!! not waiting round all day to either fine down or scrape back! dashing love it, as for the bloke who wants £140 a day cheeky bugger, but our trade is staring to split up sad, got some lime work to do and the firm has over 100 staff, 3 plasterers one can render and not good at skimming, and visversa!!!! and they cant dash, they wont take the flack if it goes wrong stuy

There's plenty of these so called "plasterers" about. I'd say as much as 80% of young lads nowadays. It is harder for them to learn it all though because the job has been so fragmented. Instead they just chance the work they don't understand. Getting in with the right gang when your on your apprenticeship makes a massive difference.
Yes i know what your saying, this bloke was in his mid 30s, i would have given a young lad the benefit of the dought and kept him on for a while to see how he got on, ive had a few young lads come work for me straight from school, some naturals and some just didnt get it, not for £140 a day though.

Status
Not open for further replies.