5m2 ceiling

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello chaps,

Just thought I would post a little something for all those wanting to start plastering about a job I did today.

Had to re skim over artex a ceiling that was around 2.5 x 2.5 = 5m2 ish it has a little slopy bit too down one edge. I am also coving it but thats another job at a later date. I quoted £180 and they snapped my hand off.

I got to the job at 8 this morning and started scraping the artex off it was coming off the plasterboard by the sheet... big sheets at that. re tacked the loose boards with screws, scrimmed up and glued using bonding agent. all done by 10.

started skimming about 30 mins later all on and troweled up by 2ish beautiful ceiling. They lady was over the moon so much so that she said can you go a quote the rest of the house I said thats fine she said that what I charged was very reasonable and asked if I could keep the same rate right through  the house of course I said yes.

I later worked it out to be £28 a sqr meter.... now that is what I call a lovely job and on that price you can take your time and get every single ceiling spot on and I think my reputation for being a bit pricey will not worry people as the next comment will be that it was perfect job!!

I was shocked that she accepted the quote of £180 but she said it hard to get a good plasterer.

Any how i think this just proves that there is still moneyto be made

Danny

Off out for a few well earned jars  ;)

very nice :d

dont you wish jobs like that come along every day :(
i guess you could do a couple at a time also? meaning you will make a nice buck or two :cool:

aj

Dont want to sound a bit ::) but noticed you said you started skimming 30 mins after applying bonding agent. Is this right? It would still be wet would`nt it? Obviously it turned out well, but i once had bad experience trying to skim over wickes agent before fully dry!

Yep around 30 mins after I rolled it on,

when drylining started out they used to use both sides of the boards one side was for skimming and the other was for artex and tiling. The artex side has a higher suction this was the side that I was skimming, so when I rolled the pink on it was drying very fast, I even put two coats on it just to make sure.

I have also had a bad experience with skimming and its not quite gone off, the best thing to do is let the finish firm up then sling another coat over it and this normally cures it, but in most cases I just walk off the job and come back the following day and re skim.

Danny

ahhh ;) that makes sense now! Knew sides of board were for different applications but never realised suction was different!

£180 for that ceiling is the right price. If thats all you had to do for the day then you still have to charge a days money plus materials. Its a touch though that she's asked to quote for the rest of the ceilings at £28 per square m! Ha! Nice one

Status
Not open for further replies.