4mm mesh

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

irish_spread

Private Member
Hi lads

I've used this 4mm in standard s/c scratch coats and havnt had any probs so far. In my (humble Opinion I have to say, even though I'm great) but I'm a bit worried about the bond between the 1st coat, mesh then 2nd pass in the scratch . It seems 4mm's too small ?
What say you fellow renderers

Thanks in advance :RpS_thumbup:

The very reason Parex spec a 10mm mesh for mortar render that needs either suction or itself to bind to.

Tight mesh is OK with polymer adhesive renders because its bonds to it also plus a finer product.

Some do send out tight mesh for use with mono though such as weber krend.

Separation is the fear.

Try SAS mate. They have a range of sizes in the pro mesh and it is good stuff

I agree with plasterjfe below. SAS is good mesh but also expensive. Try PFT Northern they have an Olive mesh that is 8mm and at a good price.

The very reason Parex spec a 10mm mesh for mortar render that needs either suction or itself to bind to.

Tight mesh is OK with polymer adhesive renders because its bonds to it also plus a finer product.

Separation is the fear.

Cheers rs lads, that's what I was kind of thinking.
Feeling a bit worried now as I have used it on a few houses now :RpS_blushing:

Dunno, there's no mention of an alkali resistant coating.

I would stick with the branded mesh.

Separation is the fear.

Ive had the same argument with Enewall cos they don't do a 10mm mesh, when I raised the issue of the risk of not binding with the render, the rep thought I was a loon.

Ive had the same argument with Enewall cos they don't do a 10mm mesh, when I raised the issue of the risk of not binding with the render, the rep thought I was a loon.

with u on that one Owls, the 4mm mesh seems to leave a possibility of shearing.

really worried now re past jobs using it. SPS Envirowall assured me it was fine on S/C jobs stating all their customers never had a problem. I've always had my doubts having actually used it.

thanks lads :RpS_thumbup:

with u on that one Owls, the 4mm mesh seems to leave a possibility of shearing.

really worried now re past jobs using it. SPS Envirowall assured me it was fine on S/C jobs stating all their customers never had a problem. I've always had my doubts having actually used it.

thanks lads :RpS_thumbup:
Just change your name,phone number,email,move house ,you'll be fine

ive been using the 4 mm stuff as stress patches for the last couple of years in s & c , no probs at all irish , but i think i might try 8- 10 mm stuff also , how do you use it ? I wrap it around my head when builders phone me up .

links for 8-10mm please ..........

Last edited:
Did a job yesterday with Jub ocr. 10mm total thickness on their Vezecryl primer. 5-6mm first pass then bed the 4mm mesh in then 2nd pass. Had two strips of mess come off with top coat on. The render was slightly on the wet side and maybe 5-6mm top coat as my other spread is not exactly to the mm like me.

Any ideas? Too top heavy?

Sorry, we don't stock this at the moment. Will have something in soon though. Trying to find the right supplier. Be careful as some maybe Chinese which is a terrible quality, other maybe Polish but imported. Try to stick with German made. Ask for samples first if your buying a lot

Encon will have tv10 in stock if anyone is desparatr for some....be warned Parex tv10 is awful mesh to work with. Very poorly made imo

Did a job yesterday with Jub ocr. 10mm total thickness on their Vezecryl primer. 5-6mm first pass then bed the 4mm mesh in then 2nd pass. Had two strips of mess come off with top coat on. The render was slightly on the wet side and maybe 5-6mm top coat as my other spread is not exactly to the mm like me.

Any ideas? Too top heavy?

Well bugger me sideways! Happened again! This is an 8m high gable and the last panel slid off. Fortunately only 2m x 2m but noticed a few ripples in the mesh which was 3-4mm back, some mesh ripples now on the surface. Put 6-7mm on meshed, went down a lift did same, turned back and second pass, serrated edge and left for an hour before spatting.

leaving now to pick up before sponging. These liquid based primers will take some convincing.

I know what you guys mean about S/C personally I don't think it's a problem providing the materials fits through the squares, thinkthe most important thing is to make sure the mesh is bedded in when the material is wet coated straight after, I'm thinking a smaller mesh 4mm will be stronger than a 10mm mesh?

I questioned this to W's tech rep and they preferred the 4mm because there are more strands. I should imagine it takes a lot to break those strands.

i like Promesh grade 5 just costs so much.

Pen laws are in Greenwich too..

Cheers John, I'll get a Thames Clipper instead. My phones in for repair so lost loads of numbers, temporarily I hope. Got to price 2 new build (3 storey but small) semi's early next week if you fancy it . Woodford Green, Essex ?. Text me tomorrow if it's any good, my mates working with another mate

Status
Not open for further replies.