4 th grant ?

Members online

Colin 879

Seen a post and a lot of people saying be careful claiming the 5th grant but what about the 4 th next month ?? What’s the thoughts on this ??

199C8A2A-329A-4918-A8C5-1651D10D46BD.png

Seen a post and a lot of people saying be careful claiming the 5th grant but what about the 4 th next month ?? What’s the thoughts on this ??

View attachment 59217
I think the more you claim the more chance you have of getting investigated, but if you are genuinely out of pocket then there should be no problems.
The fact you are unsure whether to claim or not makes me wonder.

Don’t know why people are freaking out about the grants. If you’ve been out of pocket due to Covid.. then take it. If you have worked through the pandemic an still took the grants well so be it. People complaining about people doing this confuse me.. play the f**k**g game cos bet your ass the well off are doing the same! You think your politicians or wealthy people play by the rules.. all you ever hear is the wealthy dodging tax an so on. But if any hard working class do anything it’s terrible. Take everything ya get cos the elite are. There’s people with billions of pounds in there accounts.. bill gates an so on..yet it’s the working class who get asked for there money for this an for that. Posh becks was asking for money for her business due to Covid WTF! How greedy can someone be.

Don’t know why people are freaking out about the grants. If you’ve been out of pocket due to Covid.. then take it. If you have worked through the pandemic an still took the grants well so be it. People complaining about people doing this confuse me.. play the f**k**g game cos bet your ass the well off are doing the same! You think your politicians or wealthy people play by the rules.. all you ever hear is the wealthy dodging tax an so on. But if any hard working class do anything it’s terrible. Take everything ya get cos the elite are. There’s people with billions of pounds in there accounts.. bill gates an so on..yet it’s the working class who get asked for there money for this an for that. Posh becks was asking for money for her business due to Covid WTF! How greedy can someone be.
The rich can afford to take the chance of a tax investigation.

The rich can afford to take the chance of a tax investigation.
The only way your getting a tax investigation is if you’ve been playing the books an tax’s on a big scale. This pandemic is different an they know fine well they can’t handle every case, how could they.. there aren’t built to look into everybody. Unless your taking the utter piss an have a company that has a expected income on a big scale then your prob be fine being a one man band plasterer, the investigation needs to be worth there time.

The only way your getting a tax investigation is if you’ve been playing the books an tax’s on a big scale. This pandemic is different an they know fine well they can’t handle every case, how could they.. there aren’t built to look into everybody. Unless your taking the utter piss an have a company that has a expected income on a big scale then your prob be fine being a one man band plasterer, the investigation needs to be worth there time.
Not necessarily I know at least 1 spread that has been investigated and my dad not a spread but self employed was made virtually bankrupt, his accountant made a genuine mistake 1 year but they decided to go back 7 and picked out every little discrepancy. So just be careful.

Not necessarily I know at least 1 spread that has been investigated and my dad not a spread but self employed was made virtually bankrupt, his accountant made a genuine mistake 1 year but they decided to go back 7 and picked out every little discrepancy. So just be careful.
Yeah I understand there has been cases but in the grand scale of things I think the chances are pretty low.. however I’m not condoling that ripping the system completely is the right thing to do, I for one think the right way is peace of mind but there is some room to play but as for this pandemic.. I feel hmrc will have there hands full with corruption of fake accounts an other individuals taking large sums of money with limited company’s folding with the 50k they have took knowing fine well there’re not paying back.

Yeah I understand there has been cases but in the grand scale of things I think the chances are pretty low.. however I’m not condoling that ripping the system completely is the right thing to do, I for one think the right way is peace of mind but there is some room to play but as for this pandemic.. I feel hmrc will have there hands full with corruption of fake accounts an other individuals taking large sums of money with limited company’s folding with the 50k they have took knowing fine well there’re not paying back.
Since what happened to my dad I've been careful, sometimes I think to careful I do my own accounts, never trusted an accountant since, but sleep well and hope if someone comes knocking everything's in order.

Unfortunately not the case, they investigate hundreds of sole traders every year, I know a senior tax investigator and believe me it happens

Unfortunately not the case, they investigate hundreds of sole traders every year, I know a senior tax investigator and believe me it happens
My mate got pulled in . They found 20p unaccounted for . He said he had it in his pocket but was to scared to say .

My records are a disgrace I have different years receipts in different part of van . Some have faded to blank paper. Theres even some in shed.

I think the more you claim the more chance you have of getting investigated, but if you are genuinely out of pocket then there should be no problems.
The fact you are unsure whether to claim or not makes me wonder.
Ironically inland revenue are massively understaffed too. Chances of you being pulled are lottery odds.

It does and we’re easier targets than the big boys with clever accountants

They're spending a fortune on computer systems that look for annomolyies in earnings/spendings
I can believe it. Those on the tools are easiest to target. Exhausted after a hard days work. Their books are never 100%

Mate of mine had a chancer of an accountant, bought a van for £2000, over the years claimed £50000 depreciation and loads of other stuff, had three holidays a year payed for by rebate, never been sussed!!

Last edited:
Another mate had to go to the accountant to tell him what he wanted to claim (never kept any receipts) he told him how much he wanted to claim for fuel.
Accountant replied "I thought you was a plasterer not a taxi driver"

Both were many years ago you could get away with more.

Last edited:
I know of two mates that got caught. The tax investigator knows all the answers, then they start asking you the questions.
Would you like to tell us about the job you got paid cash for? No not that one keep going.
Then they come out with over inflated estimates what you owe and you have to prove that you did not earn the money.

Then they come out with over inflated estimates what you owe and you have to prove that you did not earn the money.
Garage owner I know got a £186000 tax bill after being investigated, he reckoned he only owned £10000 and he had to prove the tax man was wrong

I can believe it. Those on the tools are easiest to target. Exhausted after a hard days work. Their books are never 100%
I've been investigated twice, once by HMRC and once by vat man. There is no easy excuse. The same will be for the 'free money' saga, all those claiming grants to 'support businesses affected by covid'.time will tell

There's companys that was bought so they could claim bounce back loans!! They got to try get that money back first!!
And we all know who was behind it!!

Too right
These cnunts mincing round for the good of mankind ! when @ least50% of self employed have been affected mentally
your welcome
"Has covid effected your mental health?" claim now!
The no win no fee lawyers will be raking it in

"Has covid effected your mental health?" claim now!
The no win no fee lawyers will be raking it in
Not mine
But this is a affect so would impact a business
this would more than likely finish a business

trade /custom / sales ect come & go
You can control this area

your heads gone that can take a little longer or not @ all

your welcome