4 options

• Thread starter Deleted member 40920
  • Start date

Members online

D

Deleted member 40920

Old houses when you turn up to do the job and realise alot more is blown than you realised on the quote. Do you
1. PVA it and crack on
2. Take off the worst knowing that you're really just loosening more and it's pointless
3. Hack it all off, and float the walls
4. Say na thanks I'm off home

I've gone for 2 today. Will be be reet, hopefully

Problem is if they say number 3 please then your whole schedules gone to s**t

Unless it’s completely dire I’d go number two if I couldn’t rearrange my diary. But then I always leave a few days free in between jobs so I’ve got wiggle room. I also don’t do exact start dates until near the time for the same reason. And if everything goes swimmingly I can move someone forward or have a day to actually get my washing done etc!

Number 2, you'd never get any jobs done if you hacked every bit of blown render you find off, as you said.. once you start removing it you end up taking the whole wall off if not careful.

Unless it’s completely dire I’d go number two if I couldn’t rearrange my diary. But then I always leave a few days free in between jobs so I’ve got wiggle room. I also don’t do exact start dates until near the time for the same reason. And if everything goes swimmingly I can move someone forward or have a day to actually get my washing done etc!
You need a good wife that’ll do all your washing for you lol

Old houses when you turn up to do the job and realise alot more is blown than you realised on the quote. Do you
1. PVA it and crack on
2. Take off the worst knowing that you're really just loosening more and it's pointless

6. Check it properly in the first place.

Agree with Danny , apologize that with blown patches off , the walls too bad to patch and can carry on to a suitable point of prep and return at a later date if you can't delay your next customers . let them choose , don't compromise to something you're not happy with

On domestics all prices should be estimates even if you’ve viewed the work not like lurpak and asked customer to send Whatsapp video! Lol. :)
28FFE432-684A-4626-87C3-AD78D7EF0BC3.jpeg
CF9ED791-5BF7-49A5-8331-0EDCE98AE5C1.jpeg

Take the point of looking properly on the quote on board and will be more thorough in future, after a days work I think we've all been guilty of not giving a quote our full attention.

Its sometimes impossible though, the skirting was still on when I quoted and new sockets have been chased in so it's f**k*d half the render with it and I've had to taken ilout the wooden corners. I allowed for making good but in hindsight should of given the customer 2 prices, one to patch, one to hack it all offers

Take the point of looking properly on the quote on board and will be more thorough in future, after a days work I think we've all been guilty of not giving a quote our full attention.

Its sometimes impossible though, the skirting was still on when I quoted and new sockets have been chased in so it's f**k*d half the render with it and I've had to taken ilout the wooden corners. I allowed for making good but in hindsight should of given the customer 2 prices, one to patch, one to hack it all offers
I never price a job after a shift . Always f**k it up

1. PVA it and crack on

Number 4 m8 put your feet up and relax

With my wife and myself at work , the first home would prep and cook our evening meal. this arrangement failed when my wife would stop off at our daughters home for a cup of tea on the way home !
Congratulations, you married a wise lady!

With my wife and myself at work , the first home would prep and cook our evening meal. this arrangement failed when my wife would stop off at our daughters home for a cup of tea on the way home !
Two can play at that game - go to the pub and stay longer.

I take photos and always refuse to quote on the day.

He married a workshy dosser and she'd have got the hairy side of my hand for that.
See Steve, this is why you’re single! If you’d have married me you’d have been buried under the patio a long time ago!