35 years and still loving this special Trade:

George Kidd

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Hard to believe this month 35 years ago that I started my Apprenticeship on the streets of Belfast as an Apprentice Plasterer, watching those older plasterers spread Plaster on the walls like Butter and thinking to myself? Yes this is what I would dearly love to Master
It was not easy and is still not easy TBH
Learning as many Aspects of this Great Craft that we all call Plastering
It has so many different Challenges in our everyday paths as we look to Achieve Perfection and make builders, cleats etc happy with our work
Thinking also in my time up to now, how things have changed, some for the better, and yes some I think not?
From tools to materials and different Methods that the younger Generation of Plasterers are now Adapting to Achieve this wonderful Trade
It's so hard to believe that the really old Generation of plasterers had the Basic of tools and Materials, and if we take a look around on certain jobs and places to see the actual Skill they had away back then with the most basic of Material and tools
And for some of us, we have been so very lucky for having and getting the Opportunity to have had that Knowledge passed down to us, so for me, I feel Privileged and honoured be one of those Plasterers TBH
To me sometimes, this Craft is dying in certain areas? And it's really up to us all to try our very best not to let that happen all being well
We as Plasterers fix, Repair what most other trades can't
Yes we are a Skilled Trade (CRAFT)
So hopefully we can keep it going for more Generations to come..
And the Journey Continues

I think u and me are totally opposite when it comes to plastering lol. I honestly think it's a s**t trade to have too many variables to go wrong. It's hard on the body. And the way I'd only pass it on to someone is if I didnt like them. My dad and uncle passed on over 100 years between them to me. The c**t's lol. :birra: I see you are from Belfast am from Co louth the good side of the country(y) are u Celtic or Rangers:whistle:. As I said b4 fair play to u for still loving the job. I think u need help tho lol

I think u and me are totally opposite when it comes to plastering lol. I honestly think it's a s**t trade to have too many variables to go wrong. It's hard on the body. And the way I'd only pass it on to someone is if I didnt like them. My dad and uncle passed on over 100 years between them to me. The c**t's lol. :birra: I see you are from Belfast am from Co louth the good side of the country(y) are u Celtic or Rangers:whistle:. As I said b4 fair play to u for still loving the job. I think u need help tho lol
There s a good side of lough

View attachment 13570 View attachment 13568 Hard to believe this month 35 years ago that I started my Apprenticeship on the streets of Belfast as an Apprentice Plasterer, watching those older plasterers spread Plaster on the walls like Butter and thinking to myself? Yes this is what I would dearly love to Master
It was not easy and is still not easy TBH
Learning as many Aspects of this Great Craft that we all call Plastering
It has so many different Challenges in our everyday paths as we look to Achieve Perfection and make builders, cleats etc happy with our work
Thinking also in my time up to now, how things have changed, some for the better, and yes some I think not?
From tools to materials and different Methods that the younger Generation of Plasterers are now Adapting to Achieve this wonderful Trade
It's so hard to believe that the really old Generation of plasterers had the Basic of tools and Materials, and if we take a look around on certain jobs and places to see the actual Skill they had away back then with the most basic of Material and tools
And for some of us, we have been so very lucky for having and getting the Opportunity to have had that Knowledge passed down to us, so for me, I feel Privileged and honoured be one of those Plasterers TBH
To me sometimes, this Craft is dying in certain areas? And it's really up to us all to try our very best not to let that happen all being well
We as Plasterers fix, Repair what most other trades can't
Yes we are a Skilled Trade (CRAFT)
So hopefully we can keep it going for more Generations to come..
And the Journey Continues
Do you know a spread called tony drum from belfast george