3000 m2 hardwall Whitham Essex

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blones is right .... there is never ever ever a clean run ... its always oh the windows arnt in so leave that wall etc etc etc.

No way in the world am I fooking my body up for crap rates ... whats the point!

3000 m2 between 2 gangs is 1500mts. if a gang does 100mts a day thats a 1000 mts a week . So the first week your gang may earn £ 2,375.0 gross and the second week but on the 3rd you are gonna run out of work mid week. chances you have some other job to fall back on are slim so that means you are gonna earn close to £1,200.00 quid between you all for the 3rd week.

Obviously there is skim to fall back. That may bump it up but could also disrupt you if they want some stupid areas done before you can hardwall.

But for the hardwall its gonna be about 600 a week after tax and labourer but before petrol if you average it out . And thats with no disruptions, everything ready, and not including beading out as soon as you get there.

Last edited:
Blones is right .... there is never ever ever a clean run ... its always oh the windows arnt in so leave that wall etc etc etc.

No way in the world am I fooking my body up for crap rates ... whats the point!

too right mate. Wonder how much the contractor's making on this? Perhaps next time, we should ask how much their making along with our rates :razz:

firm i`m subbing for are paying 4.25 for ceilings,3.75 for walls.solid measure.
tapers are getting 2 solid.
and that`s on a site!

we use to get 2.00 pound in 1988 in london and that was doing big houses with good runs the prices are bad because there to subed to many times so the guy at the coal face gets **** all to many middle men

these rates are usual of the times, It will have to run like clockwork as blones says - any snags or hold ups and your money is gone. hopefully its good areas. maybe people are reluctant cos they know what systems charges and these rates are low considering that but i cant se why local gangs cant give it a bash and see how it pans out?

thats the reason i got out of plastering lads as the prices are s**t... what you you rather do 100 m2 of skimming @ £2.50 or 100 m2 of render at £20.00 per m2 labour
these jobs have come from a firm i have done loads of rendering for they price the jobs plus profit and 10% or so they tell me

that is confusing, they price the job PLUS profit AND 10%. It sounds like you are saying that you have to run and finance the Job for 4.75. 1.5k dont seem much profit for 3000m2 of hardwall does it. Chances are that these jobs are gonna get in the way of earning some good money by rendering, if they are march starts.
Someones gotta do it though

yeah it probably can be done on the right job but why the **** should we have to work like **** and damage our bodies just to earn a living.

I tell you right now I would never work for such a small amount and I think anyone who does is a ****.

Stick together and say no and the rates will get better.

You will bloodywell do what David Cameron tells you! so there

did anyone see him on the news tonight? he started of with the national debt then went straight to we'll sort it through working on bringing back social ******* values?

i doubt the one in wellingborough will start in march ,they havnt demolished the old hospital to build the new complex yet, im lead to believe its been mothballed

you gota admit though render systs you tell us all that you charge 45 quid for mono to builders or Main contractors because you don't touch private,

You also expect us to believe that you are still getting these rates ( which would of been huge in a boom) despite the true fact that many much bigger subcontractors are buying work at cost plus a few quid profit.

DO you only work for really thick people with no contact from the outside world ? These people building the large projects in the first place must have had a budget cost for the rendering. If i priced mono at £45 the MC wouldn't even bother to negotiate with me because we would be so far off the other quotes they would have obtained to show their boss they haven't gone for any old price.

What do you offer these MC for £45 that simplybesty couldnt give them for £30,

If you get these amazing rates why are on earth are you bothering with these poor paying hardwall jobs which are miles from your home town surely it costs you the same to work for shite money as it does for good

well the work keeps coming in thats all i can say and i would be very happy to subby out the mono to simply at £30.00 per m2

you only offered me 15 then ended up you didnt need it done cos you changed the speck and when you get pmed you dont answer back

mr render just likes to brag a bit i think......prob a nice chap but with a terrible knack of attracting hatred oh well. At them rates the art of big tasty assembly looks like a dazzling career move!

i could happily live off em....... although you will rot in hell for such sins:RpS_biggrin:

bender, I know of 6 good spreads who have contacted you about a number of jobs and not one was replied too, you also claim to have a large job in merlins area but we know this job is on hold so you dont hav the job so why post it on here.

come on come on lads if we dont have the work then the poles will
they just dont give a s**t they can live on £10 per week and the rest gets sent home
come on cant you see we just will not
get them rates you want
but its a case of living not just sitting at home with no work coz
a spong floating pole hase it and your getting your coat on ready for the jobcenter and your kids need school shoes
come on boys its better then no work yer
if render syms has any work near me16 postcode ill have it dont give 2 s***s about the rates at the end of the day theres money in the bank

bender, I know of 6 good spreads who have contacted you about a number of jobs and not one was replied too, you also claim to have a large job in merlins area but we know this job is on hold so you dont hav the job so why post it on here.

I havent been told of any jobs on hold and i told the 6 spreads on here that i would post the jobs as soon as i was given the go ahead which i have done today... even though its short notice as they just called me today...
whats your problem....

Status
Not open for further replies.