3 myths about plasterers

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly think that has been a big part of plasterers and painters not been respected any more. I'd even go as far and say it has even put prices down. As u just look like scum on site. When people think less of u they will pay less.
Your right mate, I absolutely detest seeing tracky bottoms and work boots. You look at joiners/sparks then look at some plasterers and you can see why they take more cash.

Your right mate, I absolutely detest seeing tracky bottoms and work boots. You look at joiners/sparks then look at some plasterers and you can see why they take more cash.

I remember I was working with a mate of mine. We where starting an extension. We where sitting in my van having a cup of tea 7.30 am. At 7.45 his mate shows up a grey tracksuit with a big hole on the leg. I looked at my mate and said where the f**k did u get him from. My mate just gets out of my van walks over to the bloke and says go home. I started to take stuff out of the van. Then the bloke walks over to me and says u wouldn't have a spare pair of work trousers. Ì just started pissing myself laughing. He was with us the next day. Hes turned out to be OK of a lad. But u know he was the Type of lad pay on Friday broke on Monday. There is no fixing it.

I had a guy contact me ask if I had any shifts, was under pressure so said yes I'll pick you up in morning. Went to pick up place and he was wearing a pair of dress jeans and a pair of them fancy trainers with flat sole. Drove straight to jewsons and kitted him out in work trousers and boots and gave him a hi vis with our logo on back. He only last couple of weeks but I let him keep the gear lol

I wear tracky bottoms because there comfy and our work is more physical than other trades and as such comfort to me is more important than fashion...

That said I hate to see plasterers in tracky and trainers I always just have jogging style with dewalt work boots so guess I agree but disagree...so I get where your coming from....

I've said it before and I'll say it again the reason that plasterers pay is crap as 90 % are idiots and its a paper free trade

plenty of fat plasterers, what you do not want to see is a fat plasterers labour.

heart attacks, nothing to worry about, i have had 3 heart attacks, and a 4x bypass.

skimming and rendering, if you are a plasterer you need to be able to do more then those two!

3 Fcuking heart attacks! Jesus fcuk! Id be afraid to even get the bag slapped incase it killed me. You still plastering much or taking it easy?

3 Fcuking heart attacks! Jesus fcuk! Id be afraid to even get the bag slapped incase it killed me. You still plastering much or taking it easy?

it took 20 weeks for me to get over the op, i had made a full recovery. the first test i faced was picking up a bag of plaster that went ok so i then returned to plastering just working half days for a couple of months. after this period i returned to a 5 day week which i am still doing.

I hate wearing track bottoms but can't think of anything else to wear as track bottoms are the most comfortable especially when your up and down all day and climbing scaffolding any snickers I had I always ripped the balls outa them plus found them to heavy to wear

I stopped wearing snicker type trousers for the same reason. The crotch always goes. Started wearing them again a couple of weeks ago. So far so good. Its definitely handy having the extra pockets

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Always wore shorts when plastering and in winter I wore slightly longer shorts :)

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

image.jpeg
[

Always wore shorts when plastering and in winter I wore slightly longer shorts :)

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I wear this from April, no crotch going in these boy!

Status
Not open for further replies.