3 Guages Or 2 Big 2 mix Guages?

Morgan James

Dont know how you approach it but i have been doing 3 guages for the past two years when on price and just accepting long days! I always use the same mix to lay down and is a heavy day. Was wondering if 2 bigger guages useing 2 mixs would be good for similar out put, and possibly quicker overall in you oppinion? Im looking to maimise output/retain quality and know my limit with one mix.

Dont know how you approach it but i have been doing 3 guages for the past two years when on price and just accepting long days! I always use the same mix to lay down and is a heavy day. Was wondering if 2 bigger guages useing 2 mixs would be good for similar out put, and possibly quicker overall in you oppinion? Im looking to maimise output/retain quality and know my limit with one mix.

I think 2 bigger sets same gear better

Why try to fix what works and has done for years

Exactly. People forget that 2 coats adds strength too.

I was working alongside a seasoned one coated before on board. By the time he filled all his beads n joints out i was laying the room down.

Can’t see on any planet one coat being better. If board has dry spot etc you’re filling out with fat

@algeeman what you saying

ive got 2 days left in a 16 room farm house.
i was told it needed doing in 10 days.
every room different height with different shaped rooms...some ceilings angles straight some rounded.
the owner wanted all sorts doing.
oak beams running though rooms and all that shite.
i used my own brain and skimmed it how i wanted.
im the spread not them.
rooms over 4m high were 1 coated with rounded ceilings never filled anything out just 1 coated all of them.
the biggest room on ground floor was 2 coated it was really hot i could bang it in 1 hit.
il have 16 rooms done in 9 days.
its getting sprayed on monday.
il have 1 room left to finish then.
hopefully if phone works il post up pics.....an absolute b*ll***s of a house.
but im 100% positive it will all paint spot on.

ive got 2 days left in a 16 room farm house.
i was told it needed doing in 10 days.
every room different height with different shaped rooms...some ceilings angles straight some rounded.
the owner wanted all sorts doing.
oak beams running though rooms and all that shite.
i used my own brain and skimmed it how i wanted.
im the spread not them.
rooms over 4m high were 1 coated with rounded ceilings never filled anything out just 1 coated all of them.
the biggest room on ground floor was 2 coated it was really hot i could bang it in 1 hit.
il have 16 rooms done in 9 days.
its getting sprayed on monday.
il have 1 room left to finish then.
hopefully if phone works il post up pics.....an absolute b*ll***s of a house.
but im 100% positive it will all paint spot on.

Agree that's how I do it scratch on nice an tight mix more up lay in simple another spread on our job one coating both started at same time I was finished before him trying to make his look good by lashing fckin loads of water on it and polishing up ta fcuk
You know steve

Agree that's how I do it scratch on nice an tight mix more up lay in simple another spread on our job one coating both started at same time I was finished before him trying to make his look good by lashing fckin loads of water on it and polishing up ta fcuk

i can skim 60m rooms 2 tight coats on the bottom and 1 coat the tops and ceiling and it all goes in at the same time...drys the same and paints the same.

i dont know if doing the same depressing shite on a daily basis....skimming becomes your friend then your enemy lol.
skimatutionalised ..:llorando:
At the moment I am been skimming huge house in prestbury for the last 9 weeks solid prefer doing a bit of thin coat or something to brake up the boredom

23DECB59-E532-4A27-A954-EB75523449B3.gif

@lurpak hahahahaha!!

46E79B4C-4824-4442-9D2D-1ACFC48B8304.gif