2nd basecoat

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

solway

Hi all just wondering if it's ok to directly apply the second basecoat to the 1st coat when the 1st has dried more or less completely. I applied the first 3 to 4 mm trowled it off but then it lashed rain so had to cover over and leave. This was last Thursday and Friday lashed rain aswell. It will be Tuesday before I get to give it a second coat of 2 to 3mm 4 to 5 days later. so the question is can I just crack on with the second coat on Tuesday morning or will it suck inlike crazy. I never left it this long to second coat before. Any tips, cheers

Check carl out..............2 days working with render systems and he's a thin coat ninja.......................:RpS_wink:

Should be fine I guess you meshed already ? And you just want to apply a thin coat to get a finish suitable for texture ?

Should be fine I guess you meshed already ? And you just want to apply a thin coat to get a finish suitable for texture ?
Exactly ya, meshing done.just afraid it might pull in very fast and not be able to finish correctly for finish coat(1.5mm)

No it won't pull in like over traditional. It will be OK.

In fact once its gone over a fair few hours its better to then let it dry

Check carl out..............2 days working with render systems and he's a thin coat ninja.......................:RpS_wink:

Hahaha , well with maite we were giving some panels a tight coat the next day etc like , i was only trying to help the poor lad get sum customers lol

Status
Not open for further replies.