280 meters squared Watford Area

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

discodave82

Hi,

Looking for a quality plasterer to do a whole 3 bed terraced house in the Watford area.

House requires 280m2 of skiming and patching of electical chasing and some other repairs to undercoat.

The kitchen needs hardwalled and skimed.

Any recomendations also any ball park of how much this should cost. We have had a couple of quotes with a huge range in price.

Please leave references e.g. your website/bussiness name if you want me to contact you to quote.

Cheers Dave

P.S. feel free to pm the ball parks not trying to start a bidding war just want an idea!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Impossible to give you anything really unless a site visit has been had.

my advice is ignore any quotes that are to cheap and go with a decent quote and also with someone who knows their stuff and you feel confident with. there are a lot of people out there who will give you daft cheap quotes who will do a rush job which you will regret.

quality costs money.

Rich

Hi,

I appreciate quality costs money but have had some crazy per meter rates quoted. Like I say don't want to start a argument over price. You are right that we want quality.

Cheers Dave

Hi Dave
As RichardBrown said, I would have to visit the job to give you quote, however I am currently plastering a house in St Albans so I could pop over and quote.
If you want to see my work I will ask the owners permission for you to come round have a look.
contact number 07749 679980

Cheers
John

Cheers everyone for the great responses. Been really busy getting the wiring finished in the Kitchen ready to plaster will be in touch with some of you soon. If you don't hear from me thanks anyway.

Cheers

you dont want a glass finish

i love your shrewd responses steve_con, but ya your right....
glass finish just means its been dry troweled over and over and over.... great to feel and look at to
somebody who does't know.... but should only have 1 dry trowel... otherwise the paint will slide on appliation
ask the decorators if they like glass smooth finishes?

im sure you would want a glass finish if you were paying, not if you were the painter though
its a big myth that the paint slides,when painters mist coat it should be pissey,ive painted on top of my work and i have never had any SLIDING problems, i just reckon u lot cant do it,1 coat magic coat, you know im right really,all my work is in eaton sq, knightsbridge etc and everyone in front of me and behind me are top top quality tradesman and i havent had any complaints yet

its a big myth that the paint slides,when painters mist coat it should be pissey,ive painted on top of my work and i have never had any SLIDING problems, i just reckon u lot cant do it,1 coat magic coat, you know im right really,all my work is in eaton sq, knightsbridge etc and everyone in front of me and behind me are top top quality tradesman and i havent had any complaints yet

Glad you don't mind mixing it with us riff-raff mate:RpS_thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.