230 - 110

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobbyJack

After a mirka sand and extractor. They only come as 230v. Ive seen a lead that is a 230 plug in end and 110 the other. If I plug this into a sites 110v unit will I still get enough power to work the sander and extractor.

Ive spoke with mirka rep and was told this is the way to go. They didnt sayit would or wouldn't operate the same as when its running directly from 230v though.

Will be less powerful , nothing wrong with using it the. If they are saying that , there not gunna tell u it will be limited power etc off 110 though cheeeeeky :rolleyes)

After a mirka sand and extractor. They only come as 230v. Ive seen a lead that is a 230 plug in end and 110 the other. If I plug this into a sites 110v unit will I still get enough power to work the sander and extractor.

have you got a genny? if so paint the blue plug yellow the idiot site workers will think it is 110v!

there is not actually any h&s laws that ban 240v tools,, they just say you must use a rcd circuit breaker , your leads most go the shortest route possible and must not go through any puddles or any other water,, its the sites and companys that make up the 110v rule,, if we need to use 240v (things like steam wall paper strippers dont come in 110v) we just get them to put it on the permit,, weve never been refused yet

Status
Not open for further replies.