20" trowel

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

flynnyman

Any one selling one? Refina have stopped doing them but marshalltown have them, has anyone got one lying round they don't use for sale?

I have a 20" carbon m/town somewhere in the lockup will look for it at the weekend flynny.
I could never get on with it.

its because health & safety have banned them as they require 2 men to use!!!!!:RpS_thumbsup:

Any one selling one? Refina have stopped doing them but marshalltown have them, has anyone got one lying round they don't use for sale?
I will check,probably have a Marshall town, not sure re condition as not used it hardly ever, got it for hardwall

you can get the 24 inch mt from canada within a week. on amazon usa.
Turned up yesterday and she is beautiful with curves in all the right places :) missus wanted to wrap it up for Father's Day but I'm gonna play with it tomorrow on a ceiling :)

must say i love my 20 especially for rendering, not troweled up with it yet might have to give it a shot be interesting to try the 24 though, whats it like @flynnyman ??

Last edited by a moderator:
:RpS_scared: 20" trowel for rendering?
That's gonna fook yer arms up surely?
I've been using a 20" for ten years with no other trowel you get used to it I must say I used the 24" today just to put on then Trowel up with the 20" and I'm not joking the 20 seemed small lol bit gutted though I thought it was stainless steel :(

:RpS_scared: 20" trowel for rendering?
That's gonna fook yer arms up surely?
love a 20 for rendering gets it on soo flat run your rule over it and theres bugga all to fill in..............to be fair i just like using the 20 in general only thing that stops me from using it like flynny does is that when your skimming theres always akward little bits and cables and what have ya to go round and in my head it seems a bit unruley but i might give it a shot now that i want that 24.............plus i love my s*p*r*lex for skimming and feel sorry for it when ever it sits in my bag for the day

gis a lend of the 24 flynny for a week:RpS_wink::RpS_wink: nudge nudge haha promise ill send it back i almost bought one tonight but ive got so much goin on this week i couldnt really warrent spending 70 odd on a trowel and if i did she would have cut me jacobs off

gis a lend of the 24 flynny for a week:RpS_wink::RpS_wink: nudge nudge haha promise ill send it back i almost bought one tonight but ive got so much goin on this week i couldnt really warrent spending 70 odd on a trowel and if i did she would have cut me jacobs off
£46 on ebay

must say i love my 20 especially for rendering, not troweled up with it yet might have to give it a shot be interesting to try the 24 though, whats it like @flynnyman ??

you must have a massive wanking wrist for spreading render with that monster...................:RpS_scared:

its all a load of bollox if you have a 13" handboard and load up a 13" trowel and load a 18+" trowel up you can only take the full length of the handboard and full width not additional length of the trowel off in gear so other than flattening in a wider trowel over a narrower trowel is an advantage for how much you can load up fact!!!

its all a load of bollox if you have a 13" handboard and load up a 13" trowel and load a 18+" trowel up you can only take the full length of the handboard and full width not additional length of the trowel off in gear so other than flattening in a wider trowel over a narrower trowel is an advantage for how much you can load up fact!!!

Calm down buddy, if you slide the trowel along as your swiping the hawk (handboard for hector) you will load the full length of the blade, it ain't hard.

i thought that my son told me that he paid £24 from amazon usa.

Calm down buddy, if you slide the trowel along as your swiping the hawk (handboard for hector) you will load the full length of the blade, it ain't hard.

gulp!!! never thought of that fela!!!!:RpS_blushing::RpS_blushing::RpS_blushing:

i thought that my son told me that he paid £24 from amazon usa.
havent found one for that price yet malc i went right through the payment screens to the end just to find out what the final price would be and postage and everything else was added it came to 70 odd quid

havent found one for that price yet malc i went right through the payment screens to the end just to find out what the final price would be and postage and everything else was added it came to 70 odd quid

i just had a look at amazon usa, a firm called prime had 2 trowels at $53.40c each, which is just over £33 with free postage. i did not follow the sale to completion it said standard shipping free, express shipping extra.

yeah thats the one i looked at last time and by time id put in all my details and what have ya in it came back at 70 something of the queens finest, ill have another look in a week or so when ive got a bit more free cash had quite a few things to pay off this last couple of weeks and havent been paid meself in a couple

We have 20" x 5" Kraft stainless steel in stock at £51.00 plus postage and VAT.

That's semi broken in and with the soft grip handle (or wood if you prefer). Also 18" x 5" at £46.50 plus post etc.

Any good to you? Deliver within 48 hours and no extra duty or other import charges (we've already paid them).

Status
Not open for further replies.