20 min set easy fill

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donzo

This stuff sets like clockwork but last 3 bags, 5kg bags have taken 90 mins to set.has the wrong set times been put in wrong bags,absolute murder.
Jan 2015 expiry.never seen this ever before. Temp 15'.

I've found it sets fast but try rub it down it goes all chewy, no good if your looking to quickly paint a room.

Stays soft for ages trying to go too heavy. that goes for all types of easy fill. Use joint filler , then easy fill if at all

Joint filler is too slow on small taping jobs also not designed for painted surfaces,I.e patches.new board against painted walls or ceilings.if it says 20 on the bag that's what you normally get,90 mins for each set was defo something wrong with the filler.

He never said what he was using it for. joint filler for holes/ minor blocking out. You'll be able to sand it same day. It's more set & less air drying than Easyfill
Easyfill always hangs doing this but if it didn't set/dry on board tapes at 15 degrees then it sounds like a problem with the stuff.
What was used on painted surfaces before easy fill came along :RpS_confused:

If you go over silk paint, without rubbing it down first, or pva it tends to hang.
For little bits that need to be done quickly, I use a hair dryer.

Good question, I don't know what was used,but I made mistake using joint filler on painted surfaces,and it shattered a few times.
Until I investigated and realised it might not adhere to painted surfaces.

Status
Not open for further replies.