2 wet or 1 stiff ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivor

Hi lads, when spraying mono how many of you spray 2 wetter passes rather than 1 stiffer one the chap who's on for me at the moment has more machine experience and always sprays 1 pass, but been having trouble with getting the machine going again when dropping lifts we have to get the lad to turn the motor on and of Wilst we keep the air in till it turns again and we get material coming through the gun agin, this is a massive ball ache and gets my ass twiching every time we turn the gun off, do you think I would get this problem if i made him spray 2 wet passes he thinks it's a waste of time as you have to go over the wall twice, what do you guys do ? Thanks .

Do you spray whole panel or drop back and second coat before you drop ?

No, unless there is hardly any suction and the humidity is high. Maybe from one scaffold standard to the next then turn back and go over it again.

I flatten the first pass with an edge then serrated edge on the secong coat, then spat the lines out.

whats the k4 like speed wise for mono? Don't have a machine myself but will be getting one in the future. Would it be on par with the likes of G4.

Hi lads, when spraying mono how many of you spray 2 wetter passes rather than 1 stiffer one the chap who's on for me at the moment has more machine experience and always sprays 1 pass, but been having trouble with getting the machine going again when dropping lifts we have to get the lad to turn the motor on and of Wilst we keep the air in till it turns again and we get material coming through the gun agin, this is a massive ball ache and gets my ass twiching every time we turn the gun off, do you think I would get this problem if i made him spray 2 wet passes he thinks it's a waste of time as you have to go over the wall twice, what do you guys do ? Thanks .

Ash, The solution is to give us a call. We can then run a few things by you. You shouldn't have to switch the motor off so there is clearly something happening. I will give you a call today mate

Last edited:
I find if there is a bit of grab then let the first pass have it leaving the second pass easier to rule.

When your joints start to ache you start to think of easier ways on the body to preserve what you have left.

Do the lifts as you go mate ,no one in your area you can work with that has a history of machine work ?

had 20mtrs of hose on and pressure was just over 20 bar going to try wetter passes next week do you spray 2 or 1 pass Ian ?

rather do it in 1 pass on block. gorra be honest i dont find it any different to rule.

1 bar of pressure for every mt of material hose is good for weber. so just ove 20 with the gun and test pipe sounds right. always best to use the pressure gauge as a reference to how stiff or loose your material is. that way when you do ask any questions it will do away with other questions.

Sounds like there is something wrong with the machine or generator if it wont start up after you leave it for a bit. Does it seem to jamb up everytime you go to spray again. ?

rather do it in 1 pass on block. gorra be honest i dont find it any different to rule.

1 bar of pressure for every mt of material hose is good for weber. so just ove 20 with the gun and test pipe sounds right. always best to use the pressure gauge as a reference to how stiff or loose your material is. that way when you do ask any questions it will do away with other questions.

Sounds like there is something wrong with the machine or generator if it wont start up after you leave it for a bit. Does it seem to jamb up everytime you go to spray again. ?
The last couple of times yes

thats what is good about the forum ,all the lads want to help out ,who ever sold the machine ,as we all know you want to deal with it now ,rather then waiting around and another lost day

thats what is good about the forum ,all the lads want to help out ,who ever sold the machine ,as we all know you want to deal with it now ,rather then waiting around and another lost day

Agreed, but has the issue been solved?

Always assumptions made on the Internet and quite often or not the issue isn't solved or advice isn't relevant. There are always so many factors and often posts can move away from the issue

Ashley will be flying first thing tomorrow once we have spoken to him and I'm confident he knows we will offer that support

Status
Not open for further replies.