2 apprentice plasterers wanted to start in january

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
ill be your apprentice £150 a day then we can talk about a payrise at the end of january:RpS_thumbsup:

theres a lot more to plastering than that spunky,as you well know!!!. .... i go back to uni in september so i want them to have a basic knowledge of the game as they will be by them self 3 days out of 5 come september.

This doesn't sound like the offer of an apprenticeship to me, more like you need some cheap improvers to cover you while you're at Uni. Not that there's anything wrong with that as it could be the making of some young person, on the other hand if they're not ready for it come September then it could break them. Or have I got this all wrong and you're planning on putting them through college also?

how are they apprentices then?

as said above, a first year apprentice will have no experience of dab etc and you cant leave apprentices working on there own.

hold on folks!.... plastering apprenterships 4/ 5 years yes? your telling me trhat someone in year 4 cant dab, skim ???? i must disagree!

and i must add cheap labour ... i think not! my apprentice who i have now is on £60 per day and he only has 18months exp. so 60 x 6 days = £360............................. your telling me thats not decent money?????

I think I get it he wants someone who can plaster, get themselves to work, pay their own fuel, supply all their own tools, sort out all the problems on site,...... for **** all ....got their in the end I think you want a plasterer mate :)

So i take it your gonna pay around the same as you pay your other lad? This would be a good job for someone with a bit of experience but unless your prepared to send them to college I dont think you can ask for an apprentice maybe an improver with no bills lol

Basic Board, dot and dab, hardwall and set, and skim .....lol if you could do a bit of wallcrete it would be handy and the odd floor screed and err a bit of thin coat and maybe the odd bit of polished plastering .......and I'll pay you 60 quid lol

i take great offence to your previous remark, you shoulkd think before you engage your mouth..... i leave it at that... i havent come on here to be vilified, mearly to find a a couple of apprentices for ongoing work i have coming up, working with me my and my apprentice. ............ that was all............. if i thought they were not able to make it on site without my guidance then i wouldnt of put them in that position... maybe i should of clarified a year 4 apprentice............ for that i hold my hand up........... but do us a favour...... dont try and make me look like a fool.......... beacause a fool i aint!.............. let that be the end of it...............ill take the thread down and ill advertise my position in the job center............
regards
Nik

i take great offence to your previous remark, you shoulkd think before you engage your mouth..... i leave it at that... i havent come on here to be vilified, mearly to find a a couple of apprentices for ongoing work i have coming up, working with me my and my apprentice. ............ that was all............. if i thought they were not able to make it on site without my guidance then i wouldnt of put them in that position... maybe i should of clarified a year 4 apprentice............ for that i hold my hand up........... but do us a favour...... dont try and make me look like a fool.......... beacause a fool i aint!.............. let that be the end of it...............ill take the thread down and ill advertise my position in the job center............
regards
Nik

Mate I'm honestly not trying to have a go and definitely not calling you a fool, or saying you're out to exploit, but unless you're going to send these 4th year apprentices to college for their last year (if it takes five years?) then you can't say you're offering apprenticeships.

i wasnt refering to you andy, you see..when i started out i started at the bottom. of the plastering ladder. like we all have..... mixing with a stick, raking the browning in the bath .......labouring on fast spreads... l, as time went on i was introduced into the beautiful world of plastering... and all it's aspects....... , making cornice, helping lay floors, free hand coving, damp proofing.... i learnt from my father as well as working with his firends , labouring on 3 spreads, mixing sand and cement............... i loved it............ and yes it was 4/5 years...... i never went to collage... i just learnt off the " the old skool".......... the reason i was asking for a forth year apprentice because i was under the illusion that after for years of working with an arl arse spread... the apprentice would't be too far off thats all........ were a touchy lot us spreads aren't we lol!!

alas now ive been resigned to the world of board dab and skim.... and the two coat work ,,,.......... chasing the mighty dollar... lol

hi i am fully crb checked by the m.o.d but have no cscs card i havent been to college just worked a trowl i can do as you ask dot, dab & 2 coat i have all my own tools and a clean drivers licence and car i am in the liverpool area my telephone number is 07791799651 thanks mike

Mike it's a piece of piss to sort out cscs ring them and book a health and safety test 30 quid you get a temporary card then ring local colleges and ask if there doing funding for nvq sounds like a balls ache but once its underway it's a piece of piss

Most sites you only need the basic laboureres card to get on, no one seems to care about it any more, last three site in London i was on wasnt even asked for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.