1st time using sbr

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Excalibur

Hello all bit stuck as for best way forward... I've taken some old rough cast off the side of a house it's like it's all come away from the butter coat as all that's left is a smooth finish not been previously scratched and it's solid, so I've chipped it all over and had the grinder on it to provide a key, was thinking id sbr slurry the lot scratch over that then a few days later top it followed by the wet dash, Any advice on the sbr slurry mix an best way to apply would be much appreciated as it's a product I've never used before, also as I've keyed up the existing with the spade bit of the kango and grinder if I sbr slurry it could I treat that as the scratch coat an top straight over that followed by the wet dash?? Many thanks in advance

i would roll a coat of sbr on doing a small area at a time so that it does not dry out the weber rendaid with a heavy scratch. you need to cover up windows etc when using sbr as it does run.

Does the sbr have to be stippled and left to pick up before the sc scratch coat or can it be rolled on followed by the scratch straight away.. With regards to the rendaid can it be treated as a scratch an just topped or do you scratch over the rendaid then top as usual I've never used either as up til this job I've always managed to hack re renders back to original brick work wet down an scratch from scratch....

Lesson learnt... Won't be using SBR again in a hurry, rendaid if I ever find myself in same situation..:RpS_bored:

Status
Not open for further replies.