1968 wages

hector

local history site reporting ,.......during renovations to a ex council house ,......builder has found wages 15.00 quid a week, ...... and 2.00 quid a week bonus,......written by 2 plasterers,....on some plasterboard,.........also yanks fighting in vietnam,.........how times have changed

local history site reporting ,.......during renovations to a ex council house ,......builder has found wages 15.00 quid a week, ...... and 2.00 quid a week bonus,......written by 2 plasterers,....on some plasterboard,.........also yanks fighting in vietnam,.........how times have changed
Love finding old newspapers on job . Especially local . Found property guide from 1980.s some bungalows round corner from me . 21 grand . Selling for 200 plus now

There ya go H. .........Enjoy.

Love finding old newspapers on job . Especially local . Found property guide from 1980.s some bungalows round corner from me . 21 grand . Selling for 200 plus now
I found one before, write up in the back. I scored 4 goals and got motm playing for the under 14s. I remembered delivering them papers as I kid. Think I’ve still got it somewhere at my mums. :birra: Only 4 goals in my career.

Found a rolled up newspaper behind some 1940s render.

Couldnt get it with it ripping but it was all headlines about u boats sinking a passenger ship full of americans.

The home owner was american I was working for and was amazed.

She didnt even know the war started in 1939 she always thought it wasn't until pearle harbour! They only teach american history at school in georgia apparently

Attachments

• IMG-20190917-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20190917-WA0001.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 136
I found a bit of newspaper before Xmas dated 1904. Was talking about what was selling at the local market, livestock etc

Love finding old match boxes in ceilings too!

I remember that....does he still use it:aburrido:

He binned it. I put it in his bag with his dirty washing just before we went home one Friday thinking his Mum would find it when she did his laundry. Unfortunately I put it in the wrong bag and he found it instead.

He called me some very rude names the following Monday. :endesacuerdo: