15mm krend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ianspreader

I have always been told that you use 15mm beads for Monocouche but why is that can't you go down to 12mm? Cheers ian

I have always been told that you use 15mm beads for Monocouche but why is that can't you go down to 12mm? Cheers ian
No one said 15mm beads , but said 15mm thick , if you are dabbing on a 10/12/ bead ,just make sure it is 15mm finish ,if you know what i mean mate :RpS_unsure:

Various reasons why mono is species at 15.

Water absorption/penetration is one factor. It will go so deep as it is a very porous product but at 15 damp will never hit the block.

Another reason is grinnig of mortar bed joints. The differing suctions can cause different drying times which can lead to the joints being visible after the render has been finished and it looks terrible.

A good polymer base is best at 5mm if you only want to apply onto 10mm bead.

They all spec at 15 for many reasons.

Reason I like the 12mm is when dabbed you get your 15mm depth. 10mm not quite there.

Like Andy says this will work if you dab your beads on.

The issue with a lot of bead manufacturers is that they sell you corners at 15mm bit they are actually 17mm deep spines if you look.

Pro bead are 15 as are delsey. As are true line and masterbead. I only use these beads for that reason.
All the rest seem to send 17mm corners. Measure up tomoz and see

Jewson Simpson beads are really **** , i don,t know how guys even use them :RpS_scared: i would rather use a good bead then a cheap one ,saves money in the end

Status
Not open for further replies.