150mm jumbo studs with deflection heads

Status
Not open for further replies.

4400kevin

Has anyone put up 150mm stud with deflection heads ?, I have done standard 70mm stud but this is what the bofq calls up.

Plastered loads in the jjb/department stores warehouses and the likes back in the day so I yhink it is common but we mevwr put the walls up. I take its a tall wall

Plastered loads in the jjb/department stores warehouses and the likes back in the day so I yhink it is common but we mevwr put the walls up. I take its a tall wall

They are 2.7 to 3.0 m , external walls with cement board one side and double plasterboard on the other.

Kevin

Find out who's metal it is and then get their techincal details or manual...... If you don't understand, either ask for help or get someone who does it regularly to advise and help........ don't take a risk and don't make a mistake if you don't understand!! This is the first part of a wall - if the wall if built and then fails - it will cost you dear to start again...

A deflection head detail is how you allow for movement of the floor below and slab above (in commercial buildings, the floors are usually canilevered from a core and will deflect, sometimes a lot!). The detail to allow for this movement also takes into account sound and fire integrity of the wall..... so it is important that it is built properly!

Good Luck!

Thanks for that i did think it was something to do movement.
I will probably sub the metal and boarding out and do the skimming myself.

Kevin, a deflection head is there to allow the roof to move up and down without causing problems to the wall, (top track moves up and down on the studs) and if needed to still retain it's fireproof quality, done several

Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.