150m2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ollie

just been asked to go skim 150m2 on plasterboard, all the boards are fixed so its just a case of skimming it. They are supplying all mats. My main question is how many m2 can you guys do comfortable as i need to give a price but unsure on how many days. Oh and its all walls no ceilings

here we go again ......... it all depends mate. could be all boxing in's and cupboards.

Go and take a look at the job and work it out mate

agree with richard

i always take a look at the job before pricing ,

you can sus out the job and the person your working for...

i could do it all in a day, 1 coat and 1 trowel.

i dont understand why people ask this question. ollie can you do the same amount as me or rich? only you know how long something will take you. you might be able to piss 50m a hit you might struggle to a 10m set

i was only wanting a rough guide, its just big straight walls with 4 windows in total, ive seen pictures of the area and ive worked for the customers before. The issue is its about 80miles away from me so its not like i can pop over there, so main thing was is it worth taking another spread with me and a lab to try it in 1 day or juust me and a lab and do it in 2 or 3.

bubbles65 said:
You gotta go and see it mate - every time........ I mean, does anybody price jobs 'blind' ???

funny you say that, i had a call earlier from a bloke asking how much to skim 3 walls and a small patch. told him i wouldnt price it without seeing it, he said hed get back to me. then i got home, recieved a text from a brickie i know asking how much to render the front and back of a house. bellends

I had this old bint phone me once & said I need my conservatory plastering,
I said I'll come & give you a quote the day after tomorrow.
She said oh can't you start it tomorrow :D :D :D :D

Ha ha....I had a bloke phoned me once wanting a 'rough idea' to dash his house. He wouldn't tell me where it was or anything, just a rough idea would do. I like to keep these people on the phone, cos I know they're only trying to see if their mate/friend/neighbour is mugging them and they have no intention of getting you to do the job. Anyhow I was right - apparently 25k was a 'bit steep'

funny you say that, i had a call earlier from a bloke asking how much to skim 3 walls and a small patch. told him i wouldnt price it without seeing it, he said hed get back to me. then i got home, recieved a text from a brickie i know asking how much to render the front and back of a house. bellends
[/quote]

I knew I was doing somat wrong I always used bellcast beads before :-[

I love going over board that someone else has fitted. No matter how many times I tell people, good number of screw heads stick out to far, joints to wide, and no support at edges.
You could give an estimate stating 3 days, make them aware that any issues may require another day's money.

They are a company that do metal partition walls so i hope they know how to put the boards on them selfs, ive give them a price of 3.50m2

Status
Not open for further replies.