13 or 14 trowel

Members online

S a plastering

Private Member
Tried a marshy 14 inch today felt quite nice ive always used 13s just wondered if anyonecelse has switched sizes an found it better cheers

I use a 13" ss Marshalltown it's broke in and sharp as f**k i might try a 14" and start breaking it in on rendering soon,but like lurpak said a 13" one you can use above doors

Was always 14 then one day picked up a friends 16 taking the piss out of it and loved it. Think it’s psychological as I don’t put on any more or less just like the trowel!!

13. My work doesn't call for massive meters so I don't get hung up on trowels.

I get enough done with what I got.

No flexis or speedskims for me either.

13. My work doesn't call for massive meters so I don't get hung up on trowels.

I get enough done with what I got.

No flexis or speedskims for me either.
received_607865576408520.jpeg
received_926992527645805.jpeg

Make this that for £1200. Takes 4 days.

I don't need to be the fastest trowel in the west. Do it in five minutes and be dashing off to the next job.

I've been using tyzaks for year great trowels very underated
Used tyzack all through my apprenticeship and liked them apart from the handle just didn't roll through the hand as well as an mt handle. So when one of the plasterers at work was dumping an mt cos it had popped a rivet I'd take the handle of it and fettle the handle on to the tyzack. The current tyzack ss is a nice trowel and a bit thinner than an mt, I like that though, switching to mt feels like a spade.

Arnt them permashapes bit of a bend in the blade or have they changed em
Do tend to have a curve but it's curved the way trowels end up shaped after breaking them in anyways. I don't think they have as much of a curve as they used to though? Could be wrong on this though

I mean curved from the toe down to the heel that way wernt they brought out for doing jointing an taping hence the curve to push the tapes in

I mean curved from the toe down to the heel that way wernt they brought out for doing jointing an taping hence the curve to push the tapes in
My trowels all end up that a slight curve that shape anyways after using them a few months with the way put pressure on it.

About two years ago they brought out a dead flat permashape.

Most sizes are available I think.

Here is a link,

Never said they would. Just that they would charge 400 quid

Thing about doing your own painting is that you'll be there when the customer sees what it really looks like instead of running off and leaving them to post on here.

Is this alright?

And then getting abused by zombie.