110 volt electrics

Status
Not open for further replies.

big ali

I have just bought a 110 volt 4 way splitter with 5 meter extension from ebay and gone to plug into my transformer and its wrong size, obviously there are 2 sizes of 110 volt fitments, i didnt know but hey ho thats life, what is the big stuff for , i always thought 110 was 110. just checked item description and it says site splitter box, is this guy having me over or does '' site'' mean its for powering up forklift trucks or something, feel like a right tit. but i just bought a makita 9 inch grinder off one of the lads with diamond disk whole lot only used twice for 30 quid so thats softened the blow. any ideas o the 110 stuff anyone????

the bigger socket is for running things like the lights the main contractor has to supply called a festoon you know the bulbs on a long line or the temporary electric lights

no mate i got a set of festoon lighting and that plugs into my transformer ....unless you can get bigger sets of festoon, pissed off cos the guy never mentioned it was giant plug stuff. dunno whether to tell him i want my money back or chuck it back on ebay

dont really want a reducer cos i'd need 5 of the bloody things for this!! it only cost me about 20 quid lol

cheers guys can you get the smaller pins in 32 amp, just trying to work out if im stupid for buying 32 amp and not realising that all 32 amp are the big pins or the guy has mis sold it , cos its no use to me at all.

cheers Flinny, so it looks like the guy has been a bit shifty but i've been stupid, might as well stick it back on ebay then, but i will be honest and say its the big pins. ta.

just change the plugs to 16amp ones, we have it with 3 phase a lot, some gennys, silos have 16 amp sockets and some have 32 so we carry a reducer cable, it has a 32amp one end and a 16 the other. female and male. Fanny, silos are never 110 mate, there 3 phase or 240 single phase, thats what makes me laugh about an agent giving the spill about only 110 onsite, just direct him to the silo.

Status
Not open for further replies.