11 inch trowel

Members online

S a plastering

Private Member
Does anyone use this size for skimming ive picked up a bit of golfers elbow was going to try one if it helps ease it a bit also any recommendations ie make thanks

Get yourself one of these. It stops you over twisting you wrist which causes tennis elbow. After a few weeks you should find a massive difference.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180714-093219_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20180714-093219_Chrome.jpg
    397.3 KB · Views: 346
@essexandy I think does....

Has to be be easier on the elbows over time...

On board work I lay on with a 16 and then speedskim bla bla bla
Yes I still use 11 or 11 1/2in trowels for everything bar screeding.
I dabbled with bigger trowels many years ago and didn't find them any quicker and that they definitely put more strain on the body.
Over time I had three spreads work for me that were having problems with elbows etc. and, once I'd convinced them to stick with the smaller trowels for a good while, their aches and strains went away.
I've used loads of different makes but now just stick with the Marshalltown Permashape.

It does make a difference, dexterity mainly. I sometimes use an ancient carbon tyzack on rendering and an Ox stainless on skim. It makes it less boring as well.
Does anyone use this size for skimming ive picked up a bit of golfers elbow was going to try one if it helps ease it a bit also any recommendations ie make thanks
f**k that big trowel of asap and yes andyg use 11 ins .if you have tennis elbow you need a rest and no more f**k**g big sets( as u were)

i was told as a labourer by time served plasterers that these new marshalltown 14 inch trowels would only hurt your elbows , 11 inch tyzacks ruled the day back then , times change but the pain still stays the same lol .

i was told as a labourer by time served plasterers that these new marshalltown 14 inch trowels would only hurt your elbows , 11 inch tyzacks ruled the day back then , times change but the pain still stays the same lol .
If you have pain you are putting two much plaster on