11 bags of mono and i sprayed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

McPlaster

Private Member
This may seem a little lazy however G4 was already there and I had two strips of mono to do on a roof so the slater could continue his work, the area was about 10²m and i sprayed it and was done in no time giving me the rest of the day to bead, my point is, once you are used to machine plastering it's not a problem to do small areas without waste of materials and it doesn't take it's toll on the old bones like hand applying.

McPlaster

Private Member
I know but **** carrying buckets up and walking about on battens, I'm sure i did it in the same time but felt guilty, I did go inside and wack on a hit of board on too, I have the first lad I ever trained back on the firm and **** he's a goodun, so I'm trying to keep up with him these days and he's 38!

southernmonkey

Private Member
dont blame you in most cases you can get a machine out and up and running in the same time as it would take to knock up anyway, the amount of times i've had 10-15ms to do and i've done it by hand cos i thought it would be less hassle then within 5 mins thought **** wish i'd got the machine out

Gibbo

dont blame you in most cases you can get a machine out and up and running in the same time as it would take to knock up anyway, the amount of times i've had 10-15ms to do and i've done it by hand cos i thought it would be less hassle then within 5 mins thought **** wish i'd got the machine out
thats cos your lazy stu

simplybesty

Private Member
i have a little drive wall to do at my mums, about 3m2 and i will spray it with the ritmo mate. The germans call a hawk the english machine, lol

theblones

it always takes ages by hand if you mostly machine cause ur not as prepped as you were in old days. You would have a labourer, a spot and stand the lot. and jobs which take 5 minutes with the machine take ucking ages by hand.
3 bags is a bit lazy though:RpS_sleep:

Status
Not open for further replies.