10 day professional plastering course? Is it any good? I have experience

Members online

Steveo20

Need help finding the right course for me... Currently a labourer where we do all aspects of building work as well as alot of plastering... I enjoy plastering and want to progress my trade in plastering.... Would a 10 day professional plastering course with SilverTrowel Ltd benefit me? I have experience plastering obviously from my current job.
Could someone please help me
Many thanks

Need help finding the right course for me... Currently a labourer where we do all aspects of building work as well as alot of plastering... I enjoy plastering and want to progress my trade in plastering.... Would a 10 day professional plastering course with SilverTrowel Ltd benefit me? I have experience plastering obviously from my current job.
Many thanks
Bit of a sore point these courses mate.
Most of us either went to proper college for a couple of years or started with a plasterer/gang...

Many thanks
@lurpak
6962DFDC-E8F8-4E9A-9845-F8621720D9B2.gif

Bit of a sore point these courses mate.
Most of us either went to proper college for a couple of years or started with a plasterer/gang...
Like he said, but to be honest if you're willing to learn and acquire the right skills a course will do no harm whatsoever. Just find it strange how you can do a 10 day course and magically be called a plasterer.

It's different if you're a proper time-served plasterer who maybe adds a tiler course to his bow, but that's just my ten cents

I did a 6 week course a few years ago, you will be in a much better place if your already working with plasterers, wish I could have gone out with someone for a year or two after the course but it's easier said than done. Like ******* said won't do you any harm and then ask the blokes you work with to start letting you do a bit more on the plastering side

Where do you live
Many thanks

Where do you live?

Skimming is skimming so disagree with most on here...you can learn it on a short course, walls go faster or slower but the process is generally the same,boarding is comon sense, dab thick enough to take your highest point and bash flat, and tacking is also common sense. So far in 3 years not been asked to float, screed or render although I do float odd walls if it suits

we are looking for an apprentice....
and i say apprentice as in at highbury college doing 4 days site with us 1 day college.
this way we can mould them how we want and no direspect.to you only have to pay minimum wage which im sure you are on more.
im happy to have a chat steve see if something youd want with us.

who are you working for now?

we are looking for an apprentice....
and i say apprentice as in at highbury college doing 4 days site with us 1 day college.
this way we can mould them how we want and no direspect.to you only have to pay minimum wage which im sure you are on more.
im happy to have a chat steve see if something youd want with us.

who are you working for now?
@Steveo20

What's the minimum wage for an apprentice nowadays?
That's a brilliant opportunity but cant lower wage too much as have kids and rent etc....

Skimming is skimming so disagree with most on here...you can learn it on a short course, walls go faster or slower but the process is generally the same,boarding is comon sense, dab thick enough to take your highest point and bash flat, and tacking is also common sense. So far in 3 years not been asked to float, screed or render although I do float odd walls if it suits
f**k sake how can we charge more money when you dumb it down so!