1 or 2 coating?

Hiya guys... Worked with another spread today, he insisted on laying on his first coat, running the speedskim over it, mixing up a fresh gauge and going straight ontop.... 5 mins Max between coats.. He insisted that it was 2 coat work.. Anyone else working like this?

P. S we were on day rate, not price.
The speedskim doesn’t bring the moisture to the surface unlike trowels, so theoretically you can put a second coat over the top pretty much straight away, I always 2 coat but the speedskim makes it a lot quicker and prevents RSI.

The speedskim doesn’t bring the moisture to the surface unlike trowels, so theoretically you can put a second coat over the top pretty much straight away, I always 2 coat but the speedskim makes it a lot quicker and prevents RSI.

Do you coat it straightaway?

Once it’s flattened off and edges are brushed in etc yes the second coat goes straight on, I always like to mix a fresh load up for second coat though so by the time you have mixed up etc it’s ready to go on.

Hiya guys... Worked with another spread today, he insisted on laying on his first coat, running the speedskim over it, mixing up a fresh gauge and going straight ontop.... 5 mins Max between coats.. He insisted that it was 2 coat work.. Anyone else working like this?

P. S we were on day rate, not price.
If you can't one coat on plaster board might as well pack it in lol uneven walls two coat reveals heads two coat it just common sense.

If you can't one coat on plaster board might as well pack it in lol uneven walls two coat reveals heads two coat it just common sense.
But I do two coat plasterboard lol I'm just saying it possible if your good ha

I just pick an choose what gets one or two coats. Can finish both as good as each other. Experience tells me when an where to do it.. an if it’s a Friday 0.5 coating.