1 coat skimming with supaflex

Members online

I do approx day 100m 1 coating
My bro does approx 100m 2 coating a day.

We work together both our work looks the same flattened with mt then finished with supaflex.....I mix a bit of stiff gear to fill out first.

The skimming is good every hit.
Or we just wouldnt get 200m skimming a day.

Lads who cant do it or think its rough....well its your own tuff shiit.

Dont talk all so much f******** Bull shiit, 2 men 200m2 per day can't be done even with a labourer each! Don't care what you say- unless you hoy it on and just leave it! It's not competition it's our trade!

Yeah well me and my lad do 300m2 before dinner all perfect and even manage to beat Stephen Hawking at Mensa puzzles online inbetween troweling up :rolleyes)

Yeah well me and my lad do 300m2 before dinner all perfect and even manage to beat Stephen Hawking at Mensa puzzles online inbetween troweling up :rolleyes)
Easy when you know how Greg ,just another day in our world mate ,i,ve got 600m2 of mono to do in the morning,then that us off for Christmas ,should be in the pub for 12.00 :RpS_wink:

Dont talk all so much f******** Bull shiit, 2 men 200m2 per day can't be done even with a labourer each! Don't care what you say- unless you hoy it on and just leave it! It's not competition it's our trade!
I do believe it can be done,i have done 50/60m2 sets in 3/3half hours on my own,two of them a day? however these are either 1 or 2 big walls or ceilings whitch we dont get every day.

Sorry lads @algeeman cant hear you .... he's having a pint in the pub still in his work gear

imagesCAY00L6P.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I've done over a100m2 a day when I was working on Clapham college 14 years ago but that was a ten hour day and a labourer mixing for me,that's five days a week but I'd find it hard to believe that someone could do that on a 3/4 bedroomed house everyday,I'd have to see it to believe it,I hate bullshitters no time for them

nah... got away at 10am..... then shot off to bang another 80m2 on another job.. didnt get home while 2pm...
i hate those long days mate ,soon be Christmas ,might do a quick 260m2 ceiling Christmas morning ,you know the ones start at 8.00am finished by 8.30 am

yeh, fuk long days.... shot off other sun to tile a floor ( steady 300m2 ) told our lass to put kettle on... I was back before she.d pured brews.... on a serious note.. do these people who state they put this m2 on a day, think the rest of us actually blieve them ?? or maybe some spreads dont actually realise their RAF ??

Im not sure why you lads seem pissed .....I know loads of lads who can skim 100m a day whys it bullshit ??

Its house bashing ??

Am I doin something wrong earning money ??

Well said mate. To many on here scared to say what's happening out there. You and timeservedspread at least have the guts to say it on here. Ive won awards for my plastering but I do one coat and likes been said its probably better than most two coat. All you lads two coat over perfectly flat board then do you . If its a dying trade it's because most of you are to scared move on and try new things

it's all a load of b*ll***s you might 100m2 a day indeed??? Unless your plastering a fookin warehouse with massive walls.you get good days when you get good runs and then there's the small rooms pipe boxing etc which slow you down like dabbing for instance, you will get a corridor when you can ram on, then you'll get a kitchen with 50 sockets, that slows you down , every thing evens itself out

I have beer in hand and plenty in utility room so I don't f'ing care who spreads what and how much!!?? So long as we all get paid!? So what!!??
As for you slap dashers as it were I will look forward to correcting your work in the New Year !?? Cheers :RpS_thumbsup:
:rolleyes) give a dog a bone

I know loads of fellas skimming 100m a day without breaking a sweat.....it seems to eat some of you up on here.
I couldnt board or dab 30m a day.
But I can throw sand/cement...hardwall skim up the walls for fun.

someone asked a question I answered it.

ive seen plenty of you lads in gangs taking 3/4 days to skim houses ....I couldnt give a shiit.

If I do two coat like on reskims I will use dirty water for second coat to speed up the set but only with board finish not multi. Same goes for skimming board. In the end it's about speed as well as quality when you are trying to earn a crust.

Here mate what size houses are you bashing on at? Average size room including lid? 50m2 so your telling me/other spreads that your chucking a full room in one hit? Can't be done like don't care what you say- done a massive hall which had huge walls in most you can do is 80m2 on good runs then you have nibs- reveals etc- not to mention you will be on plasterboard which tends to set quicker than uni bond and skim- not even going to waste my time replying to anymore comments as your not worth the time and space talking utter ****! Going and fantasise about hoping 120m2 on the mora! Would love to see your work!

If I do two coat like on reskims I will use dirty water for second coat to speed up the set but only with board finish not multi. Same goes for skimming board. In the end it's about speed as well as quality when you are trying to earn a crust.

Heard it all now. Ffs were supposed to be professionals then again people like you are what I call CHANCERS!

Does it now say 1 coat plaster on Multi or Board Bags ??? If so I apologise for my remarks !! :RpS_thumbup:

So much bitchiness on this site. You sound like you're jealous pal. You wouldn't work for me unless you could go 80 sq/m a day on board. I've been doing this for forty years and am always looking to push the boundaries and alwayts looking for new methods, tools etc. I did an indentured apprenticeship but things move on and my working methods have changed and I don't get any complaints. Gets my goat. Slow and steady and quailty work like you can't have quality with speed. It's called experience.

When you pay a TRADESMAN to do a job for you do you expect it done properly or done with out the right guidelines and is it on for them to cut corners?

3 rooms a day some spreads yous are like! #daydreamer