1 coat skimm WHY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stevo1

HI ALL

was laubering for a plaster this week he was skimming 2 rooms walls and cielings .he was only doing 1 coat skimm :confused: is this a cheats way or diffarant methad .

bumpyjoe

what colour was the plaster, knauf do a one coat. but ussualy you one coat to save some time and make more money

Stevo1

no he didnt use a spounge same as if he was doing 2 coats
wat would u use spounge for ?

there was a couple of bits off wall coming throu am just asking as i have just started out

from sunny scotland

spunky

Private Member
when it's picked up a bit stevo put a trowel over it soak it with water then sponge it

Danny it could be s**t boarding or he hasn't filled the joints out or he's just laid it on to thin, on most site work the snagging comes when it's painted

beddy

Does he struggle to walk past a mirror without taking a picture? And did he used to have ginger hair but its now white?

craigers

any irregularities in the wall/ceiling will be better dealy with, ie, you WILL get a better finish with two coat, and dont be worried if your not happy with two to put a further fat coat on to bring it up.

Jace

some times the job calls for a one coat i more often than not do 2 coat but theres always those jobs that for the money ya getting only deserve a one coat finish, and as i keep saying if you know what your doin you can get as gooda finish on a one coat as you can on a 2 coat finish

spunky

Private Member
Don't take this the wrong way but you all make me laugh when you go on about 2 coat is better than 1
Do you think just because you 2 coat lads carry a special wand that makes it come out perfect ? some lads 1 coat mono by hand and some lads 2 coat hardwall.....wake up it's got nothing to do with how many coats you put on

Status
Not open for further replies.