1.5mm silicone over scraped render

Members online

FreeD

Private Member
I've got a small area to spray over existing scraped render to match in with the rest that I have done over Weber OCR sponged up. Base coating over the Pral M is going to be a problem as I've got gas boxes with pipes tight against the wall etc.

Can I prime and spray directly over the Pral M, being a pitted texture (not heavily weathered) will there be a clear difference in texture between the sponged finish and the scraped with 1.5mm on top?

I've sealed the mono with sbr and a tight coat of ocr and then textured if that helps !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've sealed the mono with sbr and a tight coat of ocr and then textured if that helps !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tight coat as in so tight you are just filling in the pitts of the mono and not putting new beads on?

I have heard of bucket coat over scraped ocr but I should imagine ocr is a finer grain.

If you are going over it with a skim how about a thin coat material like maite or lac? It will be sticky and is designed to be put on thin.

I have heard of bucket coat over scraped ocr but I should imagine ocr is a finer grain.

If you are going over it with a skim how about a thin coat material like maite or lac? It will be sticky and is designed to be put on thin.

I see what your saying...

If your going tight the base will want to be polymer modded. Throw some mesh on with it and pin it. Better safe than sorry IMO.

If your going tight the base will want to be polymer modded. Throw some mesh on with it and pin it. Better safe than sorry IMO.

Spoke to Weber Tech today, they said prime and crack on. Got another wall to do first so will do a test patch. Save alot of hassle if I can go straight over.