£100 gets you?

Members online

Lastlaff

C0923783-E2B0-4505-9616-B7EEB3EE450A.png

One tub of Thistle Bond-it, in Jewson...wtf!
or 2 Marshalltown trowels
or 22 pints of Guinness
or 165 mars bars
Why is Bond-it so expensive!

If you give a customer a price to include mats it has got nothing to do with them how much you pay for stuff .The price is the price .A mark up on mats is how you make money or have i been doing it wrong all these years .

If you give a customer a price to include mats it has got nothing to do with them how much you pay for stuff .The price is the price .A mark up on mats is how you make money or have i been doing it wrong all these years .

Don’t think theres a right or wrong pal. Did a quote yesterday:

I’m not gonna waste my time calculating all the materials costs until I’ve got the job. It would take me about an hour to go around calculating it all.

How much time have you wasted doing that on jobs you never got?

It shouldn't make any difference to quote at the end of the day as I presume you choose to grit to save on labour

I make no profit from materials but do charge labour to sort and collect

Better off mate it’s a ballache. It has its merits tho like the labourer can’t miss bits
Agree , never ever let anyone PVA my walls , when I was younger my dad PVA 1st coat for me , so upset I walked home and never worked with him again , true

This is my way . On a bog standard room to price . Walk in look round . Work out how long it will take then materials add em together then stick a bit on . Tell customer all in price . Agree a start date . Simples

This is my way . On a bog standard room to price . Walk in look round . Work out how long it will take then materials add em together then stick a bit on . Tell customer all in price . Agree a start date . Simples
Down side to this method is when I go to do job I.ve forgot price. .

But don't worry as customer will always ask what price was again. So if job was prob 500 ish . You say 900 to which customer will say but you said 500 . Then you just laugh and say orrrrr so you do remember

Same. What do you do on big job?