Wood burning stove

Members online

Quick one about what's best way to repair behind a wood burner.. it's in a new ish house and the flue goes through the wall and out externally.. I'm hoping dot n dab fire board and skim?
The guys got fire board spare.. can i dab that n skim it? Never used it

Tar!!

Try not to use anything gypsum based near the log burner. Use a flexible tile adhesive that's suitable for underfloor heating to stick the board, just cut it in neat enough so all you need is a heat proof silicone/filler to do caulk the edges in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I stuck cement board on with floor tile adhesive. When dry a put a few screws in. Then brick tiles stuck with floor tile adhesive with sand and cement joints.

Quick one about what's best way to repair behind a wood burner.. it's in a new ish house and the flue goes through the wall and out externally.. I'm hoping dot n dab fire board and skim?
The guys got fire board spare.. can i dab that n skim it? Never used it

Tar!!
Iv got my hetas qual mate and fit a fair few log burners a year, pink fireboard is no good in the recess, it's against the regs to have any combustible material in there and it'll crack anyway, you need cement board or calcium silicate board, superlux is decent and you can easily get from Travis

Also the flue shouldn't travel any more than 450mm horizontally so it's probly not to current standards anyway, is it twin wall where it protrudes from the wall? If not that's also another reason to condemn it