Women Plasterers Wanted!!

JessThePlasterer

Queen Jess Elizabeth I
Hi all,

Me and Naomi (Tomboy Plastering) are on the look out for more women plasterers in and around Manchester. Preferably with experience. Maybe sole traders tired of being on their own and liking the sound of working with a friendly all female company? Graft hard, banter hard, drink tea..... hard? Anyway, if anyone can throw one or two our way that would be super! Thanks!!

Jess

When do I start?
image.jpeg

I have fought for years to make this place safe for men and women to post and this may put it back ten years?

Yeah fair enough. It's simply our business niche. I like boys. I live with one. I work with blokes most days and it's all good I just want to keep it all female because it's appealing to a lot of customers and I get money
I .M.O that is sexist .......you cant have it both ways ladies .Just saying like:rolleyes:

We got a painter that we use who's a woman, to be honest just by being a woman she's a god send, she will bash out the same work as the blokes no.problems but with the customers she really comes in to.her own I think that by being a woman it gives the customer ( especially o.a.ps and other women) a lot more piece of mind and more of a better person to communicate with. Never had any problems on jobs she's done for us .

Unfortunately I dont know any woman plasterers but I do wish you best of luck on your quest!

Yeah fair enough. It's simply our business niche. I like boys. I live with one. I work with blokes most days and it's all good I just want to keep it all female because it's appealing to a lot of customers and I get money

Tell us about your working life Jess?
Do you come across a lot of chauvinistic idiots who think there better etc try to make you out to be some sort of joke when your probably better at your job and more professional?

I can imagine you come up against it all the time so how do you react to it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi all,

Me and Naomi (Tomboy Plastering) are on the look out for more women plasterers in and around Manchester. Preferably with experience. Maybe sole traders tired of being on their own and liking the sound of working with a friendly all female company? Graft hard, banter hard, drink tea..... hard? Anyway, if anyone can throw one or two our way that would be super! Thanks!!

Jess
Where abouts are you two? Pretty sure Liverpool/Manchester?

Tell us about your working life Jess?
Do you come across a lot of chauvinistic idiots who think there better etc try to make you out to be some sort of joke when your probably better at your job and more professional?

I can imagine you come up against it all the time so how do you react to it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's mainly fine. Other trades are great. It's mainly the public in wickes etc that are weird. I get a lot of:

Are you helping your dad?

Aaaw what are you learning then?

People who aren't plasterers randomly telling me how to plaster.

One guy once noticed I had finish beads etc in my trolley and started randomly putting dry wall screws and stuff in there telling me if I was going to try plastering this is what I needed like I was a bimbo.

Sometimes women yell 'girl power'at me. that's a bit cringey.

I get a lot of 'well dones'which is said somewhat patronisingly.

But other trades tend to be sound and professional. (y)

It's mainly fine. Other trades are great. It's mainly the public in wickes etc that are weird. I get a lot of:

Are you helping your dad?

Aaaw what are you learning then?

People who aren't plasterers randomly telling me how to plaster.

One guy once noticed I had finish beads etc in my trolley and started randomly putting dry wall screws and stuff in there telling me if I was going to try plastering this is what I needed like I was a bimbo.

Sometimes women yell 'girl power'at me. that's a bit cringey.

I get a lot of 'well dones'which is said somewhat patronisingly.

But other trades tend to be sound and professional. (y)

aslong as your good at your job. no one has the right to comment.

we have male nannys woman prime minister male hairdressers female crane drivers.

keep it up

Hi all,

Jess

what's the setup @jesstheplasterer? do you get mainly women hiring you or do you get men, as well? what do they say when you call around? do any of them say they don't want men in the house when theyre not there etc.

i can see how it would be successful. the missus is a teacher and one of her colleagues is a homosexual and only gets traders in from the pink press.

What is wrong with employing men ? could you imagine the uproar if it was the other way around.......just sayin:whistle:
what's the setup @jesstheplasterer? do you get mainly women hiring you or do you get men, as well? what do they say when you call around? do any of them say they don't want men in the house when theyre not there etc.

i can see how it would be successful. the missus is a teacher and one of her colleagues is a homosexual and only gets traders in from the pink press.

It's mainly young couples buying for the first time. Which is great because they've usually bought a proper fixer upper. I'm pretty sure it's a trust thing. They've seen too many cow boy builder programmes and they feel they can trust us more. Rightly or wrongly. (I mean attitude, they can definitely trust us!). I think the women feel more comfortable and the blokes don't feel like they have to have a pissing competition or feel less blokey having no knowledge in front of another man. We also work for a couple of building companies. I think we provide the opportunity to tick equal rights boxes and they just get on with us

yeah. it's win win. (y) know what you mean about the fellas feeling less blokey. i think most times when i go to price it will be a woman.