Wobble Light

Members online

Rossi46

Private Member
The trusty Defender wobble light is looking like it's about to die. It started cutting out and leaving me in the s**t mid skim. Took the cover off the top and it looks like the bulb holder has basically disintegrated! Must be the heat of the bulb. It's held together with duct tape now and they're discontinued so I'm not holding much hope for parts :muyenojado: 2 years it's lasted :rayos:

Oh no!!
I bought 2 last year and there bloody awesome.
Discontinued now
Have you tried getting the bulbs Rossi?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh no!!
I bought 2 last year and there bloody awesome.
Discontinued now
Have you tried getting the bulbs Rossi?

I went into a local electrical wholesaler when it started playing up, thinking it was the bulb. He said the bulbs last for ages. Scottie put a link up recently to a good place for the bulbs. Think they were about £10.
Just don't abuse them Rob. They aren't as tough as they look. Bulb holder is definitely a bit weak!

There's definitely are market for lights that bright. I'll be gutted when it dies. Nothing comes close. Everyone comments on how bright it is, everyone!

I went into a local electrical wholesaler when it started playing up, thinking it was the bulb. He said the bulbs last for ages. Scottie put a link up recently to a good place for the bulbs. Think they were about £10.
Just don't abuse them Rob. They aren't as tough as they look. Bulb holder is definitely a bit weak!

There s**t hot mate
I'm gonna be gutted when it goes[emoji23]

the bulb holder in one of mine turned up bolloxed like this.
Screenshot_2017-02-24-19-32-50.png

the ceramic holder is a bit heavy for the plastic.
they'd sold out so couldn't replace.
it was fairly straightforward to repair I'll post a picture tomorrow.
i cut a couple of mild steel plates drilled some homes and bolted one above and one below the basket.
I also cut a 14m 110v lead in half and stuck a 7m lead on it.

View attachment 16443
i cut a couple of mild steel plates drilled some homes and bolted one above and one below the basket.
If I can't get a part I'll definitely fabricate something. Not just throwing it away.

View attachment 16443
The centre of mine is fine it's the plastic ring that goes around the top has broken up. The bulb had sunk right down inside.

[emoji106]

View attachment 16443

Was anyone else aroused by this pic? [emoji12][emoji110]

Cheap shite, just get a festool syslite duo. Job done.

Thinking of getting one. How are you finding it? Ideally would like a battery light that charges as you use it, so I can unplug to walk round with it if needed, but these are hard to come by, looking at ryobi with a couple of batteries, but only 2000 lumens, total price about the same as syslite though.

Thinking of getting one. How are you finding it? Ideally would like a battery light that charges as you use it, so I can unplug to walk round with it if needed, but these are hard to come by, looking at ryobi with a couple of batteries, but only 2000 lumens, total price about the same as syslite though.

I can't see a battery light being much kop in big rooms

Best bit of kit ever purchased, it's been knocked of a wall from 8ft and left outside in the rain all day and still works. Everyone who sees it has to stroke it and says it's the b*ll***s. Must have the tripod though. Packs down nice and small as well.

I can't see a battery light being much kop in big rooms

I borrowed a dewalt battery light yesterday, not in a big room but it was pretty dark and I was impressed with the light it kicked out, so handy to just pick it up and move it around from room to room.

Best bit of kit ever purchased, it's been knocked of a wall from 8ft and left outside in the rain all day and still works. Everyone who sees it has to stroke it and says it's the b*ll***s. Must have the tripod though. Packs down nice and small as well.

I would buy one if I knew it would replace the 3 I usually have.

I've managed to fix mine. It'll be fine now. E mailed defender about a new bulb holder but I've had no reply. Great customer service :mad:
Anyway, it's still going strong and throwing out 30,000 lumens! :cool:

I take back my comments on Defender customer service. I got a phone call today and the chap was very helpful. He e mailed me the part number of the plastic bulb holder piece and sent me 3 numbers of local Defender dealers. Can't say fairer than that (y) @scottie5 @Orangemachineman

spot on that (y).
Didn't say why they decided to discontinue them I suppose?.