Who can help with my damp problem

Alexhiggins99

Hi everyone. I bought my house last July and after a couple of months I noticed some leak/water damage so had a roofer inspect and replace some tiles.

Unfortunately the bedroom stains have gotten considerably worse around the top of the walls and in the corner of the room. I don’t know where to start to get this fixed- do I need another roofer, plasterer or someone else to assist?

Looking from ground level it does also look like it could maybe be the pointing around the join of the house but again I’m not sure and just don’t know what sort of tradesperson is best to assist. I’ve had a rough couple of months personally so feel silly having let it get to this point but really just want to get it sorted now.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
IMG_5503.jpeg
IMG_5500.jpeg
IMG_5502.jpeg

Make sure source of damp is 100% cured first then let wall dry out . Dehumidifier will help, and a moisture meter. When dry if plaster still solid paint stain blocker over damp areas and repaint walls to colour natch existing emulsion paint.

Hi , looking at them photos I would check your guttering is not blocked, when it rains heavy go and have a look or get up on some ladders etc.
If it’s an old house with no cavity u could have an issue with pointing .
Be good if photos of outside too, unless u have some pipe work in attic right above it etc and could be leaking etc