Which option should I go for?

If he is using waterproof pva then that will work but most today use sbr. 2 coats of pva? One will be a primer the second a tack coat. If he uses ordinary pva give him a wide berth.

Blended sand? Well sand varies all over the country. I only use washed sharp sand but in some parts of the Country the sharp sand is so gritty some soften it up with a bit of building. 20% building sand max.

6:1:1 is too weak for the first coat. I would use 5 sand, 1 cement with water
proofer and a 6:1:1 top coat. Fibres are fine.

This is the old way but lets remember some of the old renders we have to hack off are often 60-70 years old.

The mono sounds Ok.

Tyrolean will get dirty faster than mono but even monocouche will get air polluted before long. For me pay a bit extra and have a nanotechnology finish.

Has anyone explained to you what Nanotechnology is other than a marketing buzz word? I can guarantee render manufacturers aren't dicking around with sub atomic particles in their mixing plants and they'll be all buying their resins from one of a handful of places in Europe who won't be either.

Has anyone explained to you what Nanotechnology is other than a marketing buzz word? I can guarantee render manufacturers aren't dicking around with sub atomic particles in their mixing plants and they'll be all buying their resins from one of a handful of places in Europe who won't be either.
thing is most on here are numpty's jumbo
They have a opinion without using the gear

True Nanotechnology it isnt. Maybe a jumped up silicone version but so what? If it sheds water and resists dirt pick up for a bit longer than acrylic then that can only be a good thing.

I would rather have it on my house than mineral render like mono but thats me.

Thanks to all for you replies. It turns out the quote for the sand and cement was wrong - PVA should have said SBR and the scratch coat should have said 3-1 mix - actually 2 parts "home" sand and 1 part "pit" sand. After a long conversation involving the guy who would be doing the rendering, I'm certain this was a genuine mistake and nothing else.

It seems from all the replies that there is no clear view on what the right mix is for the scratch coat and the 3-1 mix seems to have some in favour and some objections!

On my original question, I've got the impression that the jury is divided between sand and cement vs Weber in general.

So if you could be sure both would be done to a good standard, taking into account the clarification on the SBR and scratch coat mix, which would you put on your own house if you intended to keep it for 20+ years and the up front cost difference was just the extra cost of having the sand and cement render painted from the start?

I'd go for sand and cement. As has been mentioned further up the thread, I'm not convinced that modern coloured renders keep there initial good looks.

I don't reckon you do much

Well depends what 'much is' we start rendering in April and finish end of September, there are only 2 of us right now...sometimes 3, so enough to keep us busy. We won't be doing as much as you big boy plastering contractor ;)

Thanks to all for you replies. It turns out the quote for the sand and cement was wrong - PVA should have said SBR and the scratch coat should have said 3-1 mix - actually 2 parts "home" sand and 1 part "pit" sand. After a long conversation involving the guy who would be doing the rendering, I'm certain this was a genuine mistake and nothing else.

It seems from all the replies that there is no clear view on what the right mix is for the scratch coat and the 3-1 mix seems to have some in favour and some objections!

On my original question, I've got the impression that the jury is divided between sand and cement vs Weber in general.

So if you could be sure both would be done to a good standard, taking into account the clarification on the SBR and scratch coat mix, which would you put on your own house if you intended to keep it for 20+ years and the up front cost difference was just the extra cost of having the sand and cement render painted from the start?

That sand and cement coat is still to strong though!
Regardless of that I'd go for Parex mono and then use the Parex Paraguard sealer to protect the colour and reduce staining.
Jobs a good un.

I would go modern render....