Wheres there the most work in uk

hail hail

Private Member
2 family members who are excellent plasterers(30yrs) asked me, could I find out on here where's best to go for work over there.
They busy enough where they are but wanting a chance in scenery and better prices so are thinking of going to the UK until after the summer.

They had a number before xmass for London but the rent/parking is crazy there so kinda put off by that. Also a number in Glasgow but wanting few more options with better money. Mostly looking price work.

Is there much on in Glasgow. From job to job on price work? Whats a decent plasterer pulling in a week there.
I've been quite quiet this year but I've took my foot of the gas as I'm on my out of plastering but last year was turning work away right up till xmas.

On the railway mate, it's a cracking job. Next week is my first full week on it. I had last night off because I was in Liverpool but if I had worked it then sun mon tue wed thur my top line would have been £1300. Leave the house at 11:30 and back in bed for 3/4am.
That take home.?

Used to end up with about £900 odd out of 1,400 each week 20 odd year ago on shopfitting . Good back then but resented paying all that tax to thieving cants that supposedly run the place.
Try getting any help when your on yer arse off them:mad:

On the railway mate, it's a cracking job. Next week is my first full week on it. I had last night off because I was in Liverpool but if I had worked it then sun mon tue wed thur my top line would have been £1300. Leave the house at 11:30 and back in bed for 3/4am.
Bad news is taxman will f**k you over and your natural insurance increases also. Not trying to put a damper on I look at Mrs Marshy wage slip and I'm shocked how much the system takes off you when your cards in

Did you find it difficlut getting into a new line of work? What you doing on the railways if you don't mind me asking?

Did you find it difficlut getting into a new line of work? What you doing on the railways if you don't mind me asking?
I'm on the overhead lines mate, basically I call the electrical company and get the power turned off then I issue permits for the guys to work. I then stick a film on or go to sleep until they finish. Once there done I phone and get the power turned back on.

I'm on the overhead lines mate, basically I call the electrical company and get the power turned off then I issue permits for the guys to work. I then stick a film on or go to sleep until they finish. Once there done I phone and get the power turned back on.
f**k that sounds a bloody nightmare give me couple of ton sand cement to chuck on daily any day !!! ......... Hang on ffs :frenetico:

No mate top line, still tax to come off it. Got a brand new Mercedes van with fuel card. It's just paperwork and phone calls, only on the line for ten or twenty min.
Hope all goes well , unlike many if you don't get on with it or hate it you've a trade to fall back into .(y)
IMG_5755.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_5754.JPG
    IMG_5754.JPG
    10.5 KB · Views: 231
My mate got me in, been doing sat nights for last two years. At the start I was only making £65 for the sat night but I stuck at it as I knew I could make a living out it further down the line.

Hope all goes well , unlike many if you don't get on with it or hate it you've a trade to fall back into .(y)
View attachment 16580
Cheers mate. I've not been happy in the trade for a good few years now, that recession knocked the fight out me. I just started thinking what do I want to be doing in ten/twenty years, plastering is hard on you and my knees, back and elbows are on there way out.

I've been lucky to work with good guys in the trades and was clued up at early age to get my head down and watch and learn , did much as I could to keep up and more giving and earning respect.
By early twenties I was able to do most things to good standard and learnt more along the way applying the same principles with good guys to work with.
So working at different things I've avoided wearing any particular bits of me , and of course spending half my working life to date in warmer climes.
We all make our luck to a certain extent I guess , just harder you strive in direction you want the easier it becomes and more doors open.
The reverse of course is also true.

Tell them to avoid London. All the site work nowadays is done badly by dirt cheap easterns. Takes years to get established doing domestics. I've heard the railways pay well and will take any idiot on :asadito:

If they managed to find a flat in London in the roughest scumbag area they'd be looking at about £1300 a month for a shitty 1 bed flat owned by a dirty smelly xxxx

Just waiting for Crossrail. Station is 5 mins from me so when it's open I'll be putting it on the market and getting the hell out of Islamabad
Ok biding time for better sale, maybe rent it out and rent few in few places you like idea of living in ??
Save some time while things develope.
Greater insight to where you want to be.

Ok biding time for better sale, maybe rent it out and rent few in few places you like idea of living in ??
Save some time while things develope.
Greater insight to where you want to be.

Couldn't rent it out, the only people who would move here nowadays are scumbags. The woman next door has chickens. She keeps them in the house to stop the foxes getting them . Free range halal chickens wandering around the house, lovely .1 more year of it then............ GONE

Couldn't rent it out, the only people who would move here nowadays are scumbags. The woman next door has chickens. She keeps them in the house to stop the foxes getting them . Free range halal chickens wandering around the house, lovely .1 more year of it then............ GONE
Serious if you make a few quid, put your amount into a home finder website and see what you can pick up for that in Grimsby, you will be shocked :) can't wait for the second Irish bloke to move here :)

Serious if you make a few quid, put your amount into a home finder website and see what you can pick up for that in Grimsby, you will be shocked :) can't wait for the second Irish bloke to move here :)

I like it .

We could establish ourselves as an ethnic minority and demand a pub on every street. Every building site could be forced to offer Guinness as well as tea and being drunk at work would be viewed a cultural thing

I like it .

We could establish ourselves as an ethnic minority and demand a pub on every street. Every building site could be forced to offer Guinness as well as tea and being drunk at work would be viewed a cultural thing
That's the thing, I can't do it on my own I need atleast two people (that's the rule) to get the ball rolling, you would never have to work again ;)