Where's the fat gone?

bopper

its about time @BritishGypsum came on here and explained what is happening with there products,today I used a few bags of muti ,2 sets to be exact, every bag the same from b and q it was more of a red colour in the bucket and no fat coming out on trowelling up!
Common @BritishGypsum the very least you can do for the people who keep ur world spinning round is some form of communication?...........

I was using uni today but using board yesterday and it went off in about twenty minutes. really glumpy as well like it was made with rice crispies. they wont reply by the way. they'll have their day. it will be like ibm and microsoft. they wont see it coming until its too late. or max spielmann and digital photography

Jokers

Instead of making sh it no one wants or needs or trying to con us with a scheme, get back to basics my friends

Had 5 bags of board flash set on me last week all 5 manufactured on same day within an hour of each other. Someone f**k*d up

Been like that for a while mate, I'm almost taking nothing off it after second trowel. Been laying in as flat as possible to avoid having to use any gear on the wall for flattening in

Lol,you don't do that much no more do you? In all respect Danny get back to doing it everyday and say that at the end of next week! X

nah friday was the first time in 2.5 years I have done any :D I may be doing a fair amount in a few weeks as I quite fancy doing a bit more :D

nah friday was the first time in 2.5 years I have done any :D I may be doing a fair amount in a few weeks as I quite fancy doing a bit more :D
Good luck buddy! I'd love to hear your review on @BritishGypsum then:fuckyou: and don't forget the :foto: s ,must be down to your last mil if you're blowing the dust off them.......:whistle:

Used BG boards on Friday. The gypsum is pink again. Wonder if they are from 1978

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Used BG boards on Friday. The gypsum is pink again. Wonder if they are from 1978

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We've had both pink and white board on our current job Tony. The white board is and stays crisp, the pink is soggy feeling right from delivery, utter crap.

Hi all, thank you for letting us know. In order to investigate thoroughly we need to know which batch(es) this affects. If you have any problems with any of our Plasters, please send us the following:

• A picture of the batch code (on the side of the bag above the use by date)

• Your location (town)

• A contact number
To thistleplaster@saint-gobain.com

We can then investigate further.
I will do this no problem,but what do you need to investigate,the question is from me to you what are you guys doing different at the facility,it's not jyst me here in the north west it country wide and further afield in Ireland, thanks for replying,hope to hear from you again tomorrow!

I will do this no problem,but what do you need to investigate,the question is from me to you what are you guys doing different at the facility,it's not jyst me here in the north west it country wide and further afield in Ireland, thanks for replying,hope to hear from you again tomorrow!

I think if everybody that has a bad bag complains with these details it will be easier to to pin point the problems... it could be a distribution issue or maybe its the Wednesday afternoon bags from Barrow...

Without as much data as possible I cant see how they can find out the issues

What exactly is the problem with there not being any fat coming off the plaster? To me this is preferable.
I do have a different view on bits of paper in the gear however lol

If we sent details of every bad batch we had then we'd have no time to get the stuff on the walls.
Every couple of weeks either board or multi goes really greasy and unworkable so we switch to the other.
These arent isolated incidents they are regular and nationwide.

Something is being done very differently than it used to be at BG.

What exactly is the problem with there not being any fat coming off the plaster? To me this is preferable.
I do have a different view on bits of paper in the gear however lol
The point is Andy the gear is just to inconsistent, we never know what we are getting, if your were a creature of habit like me it just won't do!

The point is Andy the gear is just to inconsistent, we never know what we are getting, if your were a creature of habit like me it just won't do!
Ah gotcha. I've been at this for thirty odd years so have seen the gear change drastically. I personally don't understand why Board Finish has to be so fine.
I don't bother paying the extra for it as it never seems any better than Multi. Sirapite was brilliant for going over S & C, board finish great for board and Carlite Finish good for going over Browning. Dedicated products. One fits all my arse.

Ah gotcha. I've been at this for thirty odd years so have seen the gear change drastically. I personally don't understand why Board Finish has to be so fine.
I don't bother paying the extra for it as it never seems any better than Multi. Sirapite was brilliant for going over S & C, board finish great for board and Carlite Finish good for going over Browning. Dedicated products. One fits all my arse.
Miss the sirapite.

i love a good fuuck up changes the usual shiit !!!
i used 52 bags of the flashy s**t.
the new pallett now wont set.......another day in paradise.

Same here in North Ireland, was using carlite as it set faster than ultra and was workable then got a 4 hour batch which kept me very late.
And carlite bonding, does anyone benefit from a 6 hour set time ffs
Back to the b and q multi

Same here in North Ireland, was using carlite as it set faster than ultra and was workable then got a 4 hour batch which kept me very late.
How many mtr s you getting on in a six hour set?

Mostly use red bags carlite, usually sets in 3hours, but for a while didn't finish well, a dull, greasy finish to it, and it would go from close-in to black very quickly at times. Ultra usually had been better this last while, not just as fast at setting, and nice to trowel, though last few bags I had of it weren't overly great either.

Thats it Simon , they just aren't consistent , its not the end of the world but can be annoying at times. I was enjoying working with carlite , was a dawdle , cutting nice and easy to finish , then it went crap and the ultra was good lol , what do you do?
I just went back to the B&Q multi although its not great either but better on domestics.

Bopper , we get carlite bonding here in NI , its brutal for setting times. You would coat it first thing and want to be skimming it 2nd hit but it can sit all day long then your having to unibond it or wet it next day.
I put one on last week at 8am , come 2pm and i could of spread it!
even doping it doesnt seem to work , reckon its the worst product on the market.

Buy a pallet of knauf mpfinish?

That was a unpopular reply lol.... however if you keep buying it then they will keep making it. They are not losing any money so doubt they give a deal lol.

On a second note been using medi/super flexes over the last 6 months and not really had any problems with it. Yesterday used MT carbon and I defiantly noticed it being harder to use.

Thats it Simon , they just aren't consistent , its not the end of the world but can be annoying at times. I was enjoying working with carlite , was a dawdle , cutting nice and easy to finish , then it went crap and the ultra was good lol , what do you do?
I just went back to the B&Q multi although its not great either but better on domestics.

Bopper , we get carlite bonding here in NI , its brutal for setting times. You would coat it first thing and want to be skimming it 2nd hit but it can sit all day long then your having to unibond it or wet it next day.
even doping it doesnt seem to work , reckon its the worst product on the market.

Jobs I be on, all supplied, so have to work with what they get, only had thistle supplied once recently, and tbf it was sound. Couldn't complain, with multi you usually know it's not gona set in a hurry. For the most part recently carlite has been a joy to use, just from Xmas it's been F*****g up more often, it's mostly the red bags the builders we do work for all get. Ultra doesn't seem as popular as when it first came out. When it first came out anytime I had to go lift a. Few bags was never red bags there. Now there's almost never blue bags.

Can you still get pinnacle finish in ireland