Where's all the Real spreads at????

Members online

I also saw a number of "plasterers" the other day and I was shocked at what they thought was an acceptable standard of finish... They may have stuck the whole room on in one go but the finish quality was cack and I felt ashamed for them.

I'm struggling like hell to find any decent spreads at the minute..... actual real plasterers who have experience and know how in all aspects!

I need another team of spreads to do my domestic internals but all I seem get is chancers who are barely even 'skimmers'!

I'm not looking for the worlds best tradesman but all I seem to get is muppets who struggle to board a ceiling or ruff a wall!

It can't be the money as I'm happy to pay what it takes, I only want a good tidy job. Not cheap and quick as most people assume!
Ok the day work is the best but I'm happy to give price work to those who can show they do well. They only have to turn up and do the work, no paperwork, no quoting no planning.

I know we're going through a busy time but I just don't think the skilled trade is there anymore.

I blame these quick courses spreading false hope into people with no clue of what to expect and also the muppets handing out qualifications like there leaflets!

If there is anyone in Bristol BTW then feel free to message me. [emoji51][emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skilled trade is there mate it's all about the money, there aren't any builders/spreads out there that are going to pay between £325 - £350 a day for all aspects plasterer and skilled labourer for (10 hour day).

Most builders still think they can get a spread for £130 and labourer for £60 a day.

Skilled trade is there mate it's all about the money, there aren't any builders/spreads out there that are going to pay between £325 - £350 a day for all aspects plasterer and skilled labourer for (10 hour day).

Most builders still think they can get a spread for £130 and labourer for £60 a day.

10 hour day?? :eek:

We rarely do less than a 10 hour day on domestics...taking into account travel time, loading/unloading van, couple of sets....leaving the site tidy at the end of each day.

And I still have to do paperwork if subbing...CIS, invoices etc.

That's the problem! I'm happy to pay that on my jobs but when we have quite a few contracts with builders they won't pay the money on day work so I can't pay it but it's regular work which is a god send at times to fill in!

That's the problem! I'm happy to pay that on my jobs but when we have quite a few contracts with builders they won't pay the money on day work so I can't pay it but it's regular work which is a god send at times to fill in!

You pay 3-350/day? I shall move to Bristol and work for you full time

You pay 3-350/day? I shall move to Bristol and work for you full time

That's for a spread and his labourer he said.

One of my lads will clear a grand a week take home if he's using my machine and spraying everyday.

Whether he sprays 20m or 70m he's on the same.
Swings and roundabouts.
He's a god send for me and we have a good relationship.

Tbh as long as I make money then I'm happy to pay whatever.

That's for a spread and his labourer he said.

One of my lads will clear a grand a week take home if he's using my machine and spraying everyday.

Whether he sprays 20m or 70m he's on the same.
Swings and roundabouts.
He's a god send for me and we have a good relationship.

Tbh as long as I make money then I'm happy to pay whatever.

I'm the same mate in my experience you need top quality to make top money, doesn't matter how much the cost, if you sell that person to the customer as being the best they will pay the best. (i.e double or more than what you are paying them)

I know what your saying about builders...we hardly do anything for them anymore unless they are desperate! They hate seeing other people make money!