What's with all the negativity?

bopper

i get it when some joe public comes on asking for advice ,the first thing they are greeted with is " get a plasterer in you minge bag" or somthing along those lines! But isn't that why we are here to help?
Some people just wanna have a go,some people have to have a go to realise they just can't do it!?

Reactions: jet
It's what happens on here and to be honest it's becuase all the fake accounts are allowed to stay so ordinary members don't know if there talking to another members second/third/forth account. Danny and other members find it amusing so that's the way it is.

Danny and other members find it amusing so that's the way it is.

I dont find it amusing I find it very annoying to be honest and I do go and remove the fake accounts... but a lot of the time they are not fake accounts just general public asking questions

i get it when some joe public comes on asking for advice ,the first thing they are greeted with is " get a plasterer in you minge bag" or somthing along those lines! But isn't that why we are here to help?
Some people just wanna have a go,some people have to have a go to realise they just can't do it!?
I know what u mean mate but I always thought this was a plasterers forum for plasterer to plasterer to ask a bit of advice, especially if u come across something on a job that u haven't experienced before! After all the clue is in the title. I'm willing to help anyone with my 20yrs of knowledge but I ain't gonna help a penny pinching wally with my HARD earned knowledge when they should get a local spread in to skim a ceiling or 2! After all we all have bills to pay!!!

What I find truly embarrassing is when someone like in the backing coat thread asks for help and they get replies such as you're not a real spread if you can't float and set a room out. Cockish, infantile, small time.

What I find truly embarrassing is when someone like in the backing coat thread asks for help and they get replies such as you're not a real spread if you can't float and set a room out. Cockish, infantile, small time.
that what I don't get hes an ok lad that roryston

IMG_6924.JPG

Sad thing is that yeah plasters don't do as much backing coat stuff anymore, only 1 builder I work for uses wet plastering all the time and for about 5 years I never had to do much rough work (maybe a wall here and there). So if there isn't much going on then you can't pick up much experience.... and we all had to start somewhere.

Secondly whilst people may not like it. What's wrong with diy? I fix my car/van when I can, do most of my own decorating, things like skirting and architraves. Let's face it we are lucky in a sense no amount of information will gain you the trowel control you get from experience..... most diyers do it once and give up anyway.
But hey we are plasterers, most of us learnt through tough love so there will always be a bit of banter along the way, just no need to get upset by it all lol.

I don't mind dishing out advice to newbies or whoever. Lewis Hamilton could tell me how to drive like him but I'd never manage it. I only rip into those who are blatantly taking the piss because I'd do the same if I was stood in front of them.

Its very hard a lot of the time to stand by my words of I wont moderate the forum when these topics come up where they get ripped a new one...

The general public on here give out a lot of work just look at @Davy sned recently... they came on for some advice and in the end got a member to put it right...

I think if you are worried about helping someone do a job who is not a plasterer because you are worried it is doing you out of work I think you have bigger things to worry about

I dont find it amusing I find it very annoying to be honest and I do go and remove the fake accounts... but a lot of the time they are not fake accounts just general public asking questions
My mistake then, I'm going back a few years now when we had the discussion about the fake accounts when marshy was going to leave because of it and the general consensus was that the fake accounts were harmless and a bit of fun.

My mistake then, I'm going back a few years now when we had the discussion about the fake accounts when marshy was going to leave because of it and the general consensus was that the fake accounts were harmless and a bit of fun.

When I know someone is on a wind up and they have told me so then I see that as ok every now and again... but I make that judgement as and when and most of the time it is not appropriate

When I know someone is on a wind up and they have told me so then I see that as ok every now and again... but I make that judgement as and when and most of the time it is not appropriate
It's funny because your in on it but for everyone else we've to quess who's real and who's fake and that's what happens when new members join, we automatically suspect someone's at it.

stop being a cock you infant .....your embarrissing me big time.
:burlas:

Last edited: