What you rekon?

Members online

jcrplast

Not sure whats best to do with this ceiling wanting done. They had someone else in to have a look, and they said the coving was 'built in' concrete so ceiling had to be skimmed up to, and sanded. The coating on there is wafer thin, and i see a problem if skimmed over. its on old original plasterboard, and you can see the paper tape joins which have come away a bit. just finished over artex in another room. some of the worst ive seen. I dont know how the pattern around the light has been achieved. Was asked if it could be skimmed up to. Id overboard myself, and wouldn't chance over the top. Dont want to be scraping so its that pattern around light im considering.

What you think?.
IMG_20170924_131328.jpg

IMG_20170924_131341.jpg
IMG_20170924_131352.jpg

I think I'd have to scrape it and stop well short of the pattern then easifill or similar up to it and sand. Obviously charging accordingly :D

Not sure whats best to do with this ceiling wanting done. They had someone else in to have a look, and they said the coving was 'built in' concrete so ceiling had to be skimmed up to, and sanded. The coating on there is wafer thin, and i see a problem if skimmed over. its on old original plasterboard, and you can see the paper tape joins which have come away a bit. just finished over artex in another room. some of the worst ive seen. I dont know how the pattern around the light has been achieved. Was asked if it could be skimmed up to. Id overboard myself, and wouldn't chance over the top. Dont want to be scraping so its that pattern around light im considering.

What you think?.View attachment 19460
View attachment 19458 View attachment 19459
Just an idea, fix a decorative wood trim around the emblem in the center, a trim deep enough to allow for boarding or bonding and skim. Exaggerated intaglio. Turns problem into feature.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Just scrape the lid and skim up to the feature. It'll be no problem brushing into that.
I think you're over thinking it.

What you think?.View attachment 19460
View attachment 19458 View attachment 19459
You will find the cornice is paper and not true plaster cornice at all

Someone else is doing the work now, as I'm busy with other work. I was not keen on scraping as don't know the content. It was suggested to keep the centre peice, and skim up to, but Id have been happy overboarding, and lose the centre. The coating on there is on original plasterboard. I can see it bubbling, and lifting, as the there's movement in places where it's coming away.