What drill/mixer do you guys use?

Members online

Boston_Dean

I plaster in the Boston area and my dewalt 1200 rpm drill that I've had for about 5 years broke. I bought a new one same model and everything but it overheats and smokes when I mix 4 or more bags of unikal. I know you guys don't typically use the unikal but I was wondering if you mix similar plaster and quantity and what drill you use. I have used the Milwaukee 700rpm drills in the past but I liked the 1200 rpm drill for faster mixing as I have more time for my lay on in the summer months. Any input would be helpful.

Thanks
Dean
Trowel Inc.

I've started using a twin blade cake mixer now I know it's a bit small but if I knock up 2 bags it takes me about half hr to knock em up but it's worth it you get a lovely creamy mix:)

If you can get a hold of one over there I would also say eibenstock 1800w, I have mixed 4 and 5 bags @25kg each no problem at all. PS there are approx 2.2 lb to 1 kg.

Bosch or refina .....
and when want to impress the mrs nothing beats the little mixer :D

IMG_0580.JPG

I'm using the Parkside Aldi special since sparky one broke, it's great at almost everything .....

Except noise and lots of it.
@theclemo ffs what have you done????
Clemo loves his ffs, he can't stop talking about it, he tried to hassle me into getting all their tool range lol, I think he's on commission.
In reality if it works it works isn't, doesn't matter what make it is

@theclemo ffs what have you done????
Clemo loves his ffs, he can't stop talking about it, he tried to hassle me into getting all their tool range lol, I think he's on commission.
In reality if it works it works isn't, doesn't matter what make it is
Oh it works, I love it...... Just it's so noisey

Just ordered the belle 1600e and seems spares are available too, if this breaks it's the Alfra ........ but at least I have 2 Parkside ones spare.

One bad thing about the Parkside one is no lock on switch ...... but it's speed control is awesome.

Just ordered the belle 1600e and seems spares are available too, if this breaks it's the Alfra ........ but at least I have 2 Parkside ones spare.

One bad thing about the Parkside one is no lock on switch ...... but it's speed control is awesome.
Very good mixer pal... had mine 8 years... its had 3 sets of brushes at 8 quid a set and a speed controler at £5....

i would not purchase a mixing paddle under 1800. we have a eibenstock now they usually last about 3 years.

As has been said on here loads of times, it's not the wattage that counts but the torque.
The Bosch GRW11e ( now discontinued) is 1150w ( I think) certainly no more than 1200 and would mix monocouche render day in day out for 5, 10, 15 yrs?? Who knows? I've never had one cease on me yet. In the game over 25 yrs, first one was pinched (15 yrs old) and this one is over 10 and as good as the day I got it, and its mixed everything!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been looking for a decent mixer for a while, really fancied the collomix but couldnt justify paying over 400 quid for it, eventually ordered refina mega mixer, should be here tomorrow :D

Reactions: Djr
As has been said on here loads of times, it's not the wattage that counts but the torque.
The Bosch GRW11e ( now discontinued) is 1150w ( I think) certainly no more than 1200 and would mix monocouche render day in day out for 5, 10, 15 yrs?? Who knows? I've never had one cease on me yet. In the game over 25 yrs, first one was pinched (15 yrs old) and this one is over 10 and as good as the day I got it, and its mixed everything!!

the Bosch GRW11e was our first paddle, it was used on ewi. been repaired a couple of times now laying dead in the back of our lockup. there is also 3 dead refinas 1800 in there. they have been rebuilt ,but once they start to become unreliable we now just purchase a new one. at £300 odd they have only got to last a couple of years.

Just get a "Lucy" all she needs is a stick and she knocks 2 to 3 bags up at a time in less than 2 mins ......... about the same time I've knocked one out watching her bent over
images (17).jpg

Best mixers out there and well worth the money

the Bosch GRW11e was our first paddle, it was used on ewi. been repaired a couple of times now laying dead in the back of our lockup. there is also 3 dead refinas 1800 in there. they have been rebuilt ,but once they start to become unreliable we now just purchase a new one. at £300 odd they have only got to last a couple of years.

You got a faulty one!!
Mine has mixed small batches of s&c, and lots of k rend, & k rend dash, in forklift tubs full! Never understand this two bag/ three bag stuff. It mixes it or it doesn't!

Most people I hear with eibenstocks last 10 year, at 300 a pop i'd expect alot more use than 3 years out of it

I like the look of that one too, could u let us know how u get on with it mate. Cheers! (y)

I like the look of that one too, could u let us know how u get on with it mate. Cheers! (y)
I have a belle 1600e as a spare sent it back after gear switch broke after only 2 month plus seemed to take forever to knock 2 bags up unlike my eibenstock 1800w. That takes literally 2mins.

Oh dear hope

Hope yours work's ok as mine is shite compared to my eibenstock

I have a belle 1600e as a spare sent it back after gear switch broke after only 2 month plus seemed to take forever to knock 2 bags up unlike my eibenstock 1800w. That takes literally 2mins.
Ok nice one! Just thought it might be ok because of the make and seeing as the cement mixers are good. I'll look into the eibenstock's then. (y)