Wally Damp Man

Members online

Arti

I watch all this gadgies videos when he does damp surveys and he raises some canny points about damp proofing......................particularly like his "wally damp man " references when he users a protimeter......................................:risas::risas:

I watch all this gadgies videos when he does damp surveys and he raises some canny points about damp proofing......................particularly like his "wally damp man " references when he users a protimeter......................................:risas::risas:

He's not far from the truth I don't think, I'm not saying damp is a scam,but the industry is.
She should get a replacement battery for the smoke alarm, beeping is annoying

This topic really interest me..I seen so many do it so many different ways ...then u have all the different ways of doing backing coats etc...I only do plastering but hope this thread goes on for a long time to c what everyone has to say on damp.

This topic really interest me..I seen so many do it so many different ways ...then u have all the different ways of doing backing coats etc...I only do plastering but hope this thread goes on for a long time to c what everyone has to say on damp.
Yeh I've watched a lot of his vids very good ,funny as well very informative

They must of cured it lol it really does make you think if the damp disease exists :)

The problem is they recruit people with limited knowledge regarding building industry if any. They are paid by commission and they are sales surveyors.
Seen all the tricks they play, even the customers think they are experts and have some kind of degree in building.
These guys and girls need to think about the customers like i do and not about ££££

Totally agree with some of these vids, its simple surveying these people are getting wrong, some of us went to college doing building surveying and have learned over the years that a DPC injection is not the golden solution.
But they don't earn money if the drills aint turning.
You want to see the amount of dry rot jobs these idiots cock up, scary

I treat piss wet walls every day..... rising damp is out there....
I never have anything to do with damp treatments etc...but happy to float dry coat ,limelite or whatever is suggested and skim them.The one I don't get is when they plug the membrane to the wall and then asked to use hard wall on that and then skim...they had injected mortar line as well..can u or anyone else tell me why this is an option they would advise instead of say bg dry coat or limelite?

I never have anything to do with damp treatments etc...but happy to float dry coat ,limelite or whatever is suggested and skim them.The one I don't get is when they plug the membrane to the wall and then asked to use hard wall on that and then skim...they had injected mortar line as well..can u or anyone else tell me why this is an option they would advise instead of say bg dry coat or limelite?
I have never rendered over membrane, but I wouldn't use hardwall that's for sure. We always stud and board then skim. I only use dricoat on injected walls above ground level or s&c, and I stay away from hardwall, hate it with a passion.

I have never rendered over membrane, but I wouldn't use hardwall that's for sure. We always stud and board then skim. I only use dricoat on injected walls above ground level or s&c, and I stay away from hardwall, hate it with a passion.
I call it membrane it probably has another term in damp world...but it was on externall walls and internal and like u say dry coat seems to me the 'correct' way to do...for years I used to see bricks injected and thought that was the norm...then saw mortar line injected with dry zone with dry coat and thought 'yer that makes sense'.The membrane and hard wall after injection was the big p company and I thought if anything surely the moisture is just trapped in the bricks still..it all intrigues me ,I don't care one bit weather it's right or wrong but over years of seeing all different ways I do think why is this house been ok without injection since say 1900 with lime based render and here we are doing whatever we are doing...I just do whatever the damp guy says

Membrane or cementitous tanking it's still 'trapped' behind this.
Tanking weather with slurry or a membrane will prevent both penetrating and rising damp, injection will only stop the latter.
House built in 1900 are very different to houses now, water tables have risen, people have laid patios/pavers on top of previous layers.
Very rarely is rising damp due to where it has naturally soaked up through the brick work.
It is mostly down to broken/leaking pipes, gutters drainage or raised external levels.
Or what also happens is condensation is mistaken for rising damp!
A membrane is actually a preferred method to tanking as it won't break with movement of a building like cementitous tanking.
Bonding is used over membrane not Hardwall.
It's all about correct diagnosis and correct remediation.

Ni
Membrane or cementitous tanking it's still 'trapped' behind this.
Tanking weather with slurry or a membrane will prevent both penetrating and rising damp, injection will only stop the latter.
House built in 1900 are very different to houses now, water tables have risen, people have laid patios/pavers on top of previous layers.
Very rarely is rising damp due to where it has naturally soaked up through the brick work.
It is mostly down to broken/leaking pipes, gutters drainage or raised external levels.
Or what also happens is condensation is mistaken for rising damp!
A membrane is actually a preferred method to tanking as it won't break with movement of a building like cementitous tanking.
Bonding is used over membrane not Hardwall.
It's all about correct diagnosis and correct remediation.
Nice one j ..they did specifically say hardwall and I not doubting your or anyone else's knowledge on damp I just sharing what I seen and been asked to do

I think that blokes blog is a good read titled something like ...heritage renovations or some such. He makes sense, and rants and rants. There is one bit where he is investigating a building that was a water mill years ago, and guess what......no damp! I found him by accident, it it was worth a read/watch. "Wally damp man" is what I call a bloke I used to work for. Haha