wallcrete tools

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

imprinter

i kmow its a bit of a long shot, but was just wondering if anybody has any wallcrete tools/mats for sale cheers

I think wallcrete castles are the way forward for 2013 , casper rang me and said he was going into full production making castle copies as they have a lot of them in scotland. He thinks they will do well on the carboot I just told him watch out for hillside if he smells a pound he will jump on the band wagon.:RpS_thumbup:

On how short you are !

Well as you know Paul I'm one of the tallest midgets about,does that get me better prices on the mats?

No seriously I'm tempted to do the training day but and it's a big but, I'm not laying out £120 to learn how to use a new material if the tools needed to use it are silly expensive.
So what sort of money are these special tools or is it a secret until you've already parted with your £120?

its the same as most jobs Andy, you can carry on your trade as a plasterer and spend a few hundred quid, or spend between 6 and 15 grand on a machine set up, maybe more, same with wallcrete, you can buy a texture skin and carving tools for about 75 quid and create lots off effects by being creative with the texturing, carving and colouring/tinting or you could spend three , four hundred quid on some stone imprinting mats and create the same effect but in two thirds of the time, but its amazing what you can do with an old knife, fork, spoon and a texture skin

So it's not loads of money then. To be honest I'd be most interested in the red brick effect as I feel that would be of most interest in my area.

So it's not loads of money then. To be honest I'd be most interested in the red brick effect as I feel that would be of most interest in my area.

you will not mind going home covered in red dye then! i did not enjoy doing that.

Andy we promised not to talk about that again. I didnt realise you said SIT on my lap. It was an honest mistake.

So how much do these mats and other essential tools cost? And don't say they vary, give me some examples please.

Hi Andy here's some prices for you,
They are from the 2011 price list though & are excluding VAT.

photo_zps95a64123.jpg

photo_zps5a4a7811.jpg

photo_zpsa9cb499d.jpg

If you want mat hire prices just ring or email PICS

Info@picsuk.com

Also if you ring or email them before you go on the training day they will send you an info pack with the wallcrete contractors guide which is a handy little book & the photos above are out of mine.

Its £400-£500 deposit to hire the mats depending on which set you need and its £75 to hire them for 3 days

Its £400-£500 deposit to hire the mats depending on which set you need and its £75 to hire them for 3 days

This was my point marra why spend over £7000 on printing mats & texture mats that you might not even use when you can just whack £75 on the price of the job :RpS_thumbup:
Just put deposit on a credit card etc.

Also they have old torn , damaged concrete printing mats that you can cut up to make texture skins, I picked up quite a few , and now have a good selection

Them texture rollers must be quicker than the texture mats Paul but did you say they had some & wasn't very good?

been looking into those rollers, seem to be loads in the US and i think am gonna get a couple and see if the are alreet..............:RpS_thumbup:

defo need to try and push the wallcrete this year.................:)

Yeah I put a link or some pics up last year of the rollers Marra like you say mainly in US

been looking into those rollers, seem to be loads in the US and i think am gonna get a couple and see if the are alreet..............:RpS_thumbup:

defo need to try and push the wallcrete this year.................:)

if you decide to order some let me know, i wantone of the heavy bark ones, we'll split the postage costs

if you decide to order some let me know, i wantone of the heavy bark ones, we'll split the postage costs

roger...................:RpS_thumbup:
you could just use a big dog.......................:RpS_laugh::RpS_laugh::RpS_laugh:.................big dog..........heavy bark................:RpS_laugh::RpS_laugh:

soz. al get me coat...................:RpS_blushing:

What's the easiest way to go about getting some of the gear as I would like to try it out doing some corner stones freehand then roughcast into them. Also, there's a guy on you tube doin them and he has a nice wee straightedge for doing beveled edges, are they available or is it home made?

Length of 3x1 from merchants or whats lying around job cut to various sizes you think you may need. then rout down one side with a 45deg chamfer bit jobs a good'n

At a second look of video it's not as technical kit as I first thought, visit to my local window manufacturers will sort it...

Status
Not open for further replies.