wallcrete coping stones

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirky99

Hi
recently did the wallcrete course in manchester paul of this forum(sorry paul dont know ya username) and my first job is going to be my knackered back wall. I dropped it where knackered bout 5 coarses and re laid them this weekend, just need to put the coping stones but im considering making them out of wallcrete, does anyone have any tips and techniques fotr the best way to do it?

cheers
kirky

Screw lath both sides mate & build it up & over then texture it carve joints out colour it etc.
I'm sure Paul will tell you his way mate :RpS_thumbup:

nice 1 fella like the look of this stuff looks like there no end of wot ya can do, u just need the imagination.

Welcome to the forum young man, hope you stick with it, and it's exactly as Nisus said
IMAG0275 (1).jpg IMAG0276.jpg IMAG0297 (1).jpg

Pics above give the basic idea, if you want a deeper looking coping just drop your laths further down the wall and just make sure you round the tops off slightly to allow water to escape, you can cut a drip after the laths are removed (while wallcrete still carvable) if you wish, if you want a bigger overhang just turn the laths onto their sides, bigger laths etc

cheers pal im starting it this week the wall 6m long, how much gear wud it take at bout 50mm?

The wall will need a fat scratch coat shud i do the scratch coat before the copings?

I ll post sum pics wen i start it warrior let you cast ur eye on it if that ok?

cheers

yes scratch it first mate if it kneeds it, then fix your laths at 40mm from top of highest point on the wall,( this will create the illusion of a fifty mm coping) then you just apply 10mm over the top off the wall and down to your laths (obviously it will be thicker on the edges dependant on the width of your laths, around twenty five to thirty mill past your wallcrete print,usually) hope you follow

and you will need 3-4 bags mate to be on the safe side dependant on whether its a double skin wall or single

Ye thanks for that pal that makes sense.

Its a 9 inch wall mate so ill work it out at 4 bags mate

cheers pal comfident ill nail it.

Alan the aggregate is probs at most 1-1.5mm but it's packed with polymer fibres and i imagine other light weight bulking agents etc

Hi warrior, gonna be doing course on 30th Aug. Just wondered if it sprays(G4)? Cheers

It would but it means adding the polymer to your water butt and then putting through the pump, which a lot won't do.
But you can pre mix and put through a ritmo or similar type pump

Cheers. Thats a bit of a bummer having to add a polymer. Totally out of the habit of spreading render. Even a small job like the pictures above id rather spray it. Ah well ill get the handboard out! or should that be hawk?

Mate it's so easy to use , it's light and spreads like a dream , and to be honest your not putting that much on before your texturing and carving, not like having to wack 100m2 of mono on to make your money for ya team

I see. Thought you might have to stand around for hours waiting for it to pick up enough to print. But if your not putting much on before the artistic bit starts it sounds ok. Looking forward to course in august. Then my shitty garden wall can get the treatment it needs.

Paul can you post some dates for the courses please ,is it a day or more and where ,thanks Keith

Paul as some that is new to this would i be looking at the [h=2]Theory and Practical Training[/h]

No mate, i think your looking at the patterncrete , all the info you need will be supplied on t h e day think its the 23rd at Newbury, day after my birthday :RpS_scared:, mate it's real easy and laid back, you'll smash it bud

Paul your a gentlemen ,very busy at the moment but in the next month or two i will ring you ,i just think with the mono i do it can tie it in ,brick plinths ,soldier brick heads ect ,thanks again

Last edited:
Alan the aggregate is probs at most 1-1.5mm but it's packed with polymer fibres and i imagine other light weight bulking agents etc

Cheers Paul - just wondered how close you could go to the edge for cutting back the drip groove :RpS_thumbup:

Does that make sense? Haven't been awake long - good weekend!

Status
Not open for further replies.