Useless

I can remember one of yer comments if it's mixed up like piss it's half the battle u can get it on easier n flatter anyway
I normally use the plazi for last pass
What size of pf blade do u use for ceilings 600mm as normal

I've been using a 900mm which i reckon they've got bang on for size as it covers some ground while never feeling awkward or unwieldy
I always found that the 600mm speedskims were too small 95% of the time to be honest mine hardly ever got used.
but I will stick a pf blade in one when they're available to buy.

I think the new 900 size is a good option though not sure about warranty either? my last speedskim was one of the old whiteblade ones complete waste of money it didn't hold its shape very long at all put me off buying another until now.

I always like the 1200 :D
Put plenty on and drop back with the 1200. Great for controlling the set on larger areas when skimming walls. 600 on ceilings. Buy as a set with pole attachment and pays for itself in no time.

I think the new 900 size is a good option though not sure about warranty either? my last speedskim was one of the old whiteblade ones complete waste of money it didn't hold its shape very long at all put me off buying another until now.
Treat yourself , it's well over due

I'm very careful before I make a purchase! I normally thoroughly research what I'm planning to buy, then dwell on it for a few months and then finally buy it
I took one look at it in shop and got credit card out :muyenojado:

But I haven't bought any other trowels since then :birras:

I got given 1 from Scott when he was trying to promote them and Its still in good order. Should get a new one really but I’m poor
Welcome to the club mate(y)
Have you had a chance to get a ritmo in the end?

I want the most trendy up to date version possible preferably something useful on skimming and the G** bagged render s**t.
If you need something for the G** bagged render then buy the Italian made serrated Darby that P1SS sell. It’s going on my Xmas list. One of the best tools I’ve used in a long time.

I think there's a few new blades on the horizon from speedskim but there's a all new plastic finishing blade that's tipped with 1mm pvc its slighty more rigid than a plazzyflex trowel a lot straighter and the build quality is bullett proof.View attachment 17854
I made a diy version of this about a 6 months ago.
It's mint.View attachment 17855
Have they started selling these yet @Speedskim plenty have been trialled out ?

I am going to put my neck on the line here but i was never taught to put a straight edge over render only to use yore eye and what the float tells you as in hollows and high spots to get it flat and right . No need for all these serrated edges and ting just a good old cast of the eye over your work and judgement of a good finish . IT has all ways served me right and never had a come back or told that finish was rough . is it just me or any one else ?

I am going to put my neck on the line here but i was never taught to put a straight edge over render only to use yore eye and what the float tells you as in hollows and high spots to get it flat and right . No need for all these serrated edges and ting just a good old cast of the eye over your work and judgement of a good finish . IT has all ways served me right and never had a come back or told that finish was rough . is it just me or any one else ?
Are you serious ,mmm no ,don't think so ,fishing ,you be

No serious that's how it was and after reading some 0f the things on here do wonder about some of the ways i was taught
but i can honestly say i have never had any come backs or problems with the way i do things internal or external , After 30 years am i still a chancer .?

I’ve always ruled upwards, fill any holes if needed and rule again then do the same going across the wall and then maybe up again if I feel like it. Also use a large spatula too these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The old boys I served my time with had wooden straight edges (@Pageys going to f**k**g love this) they guarded them as if they were made of gold. All hardwood (obviously) they even got the joiners shop to shampfer the edge to form like a feather edge. And they used Terence Trent Darbies too lol