Unusual background

ste25

Hello
Can anyone help I cut the skim and undercoat plaster back on my walls expecting block work but the walls are covered with strange stuff it is stone's solid not lose covered with some sort of paint coating only on external walls the building is a 1970s ex council massionett any idea's? Thanks

Attachments

• _20170915_124916.JPG
    _20170915_124916.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 231
Hello
Can anyone help I cut the skim and undercoat plaster back on my walls expecting block work but the walls are covered with strange stuff it is stone's solid not lose covered with some sort of paint coating only on external walls the building is a 1970s ex council massionett any idea's? Thanks

Yep, its called a f**k**g nightmare!

House I've been doing some work on is built like it. All external and dividing walls are made like it. Internals are block. Putting any kind of fixing in is a mission as it just breaks out and leaves you with big holes you need to fill with cement so you can drill and get a fixing in.

If it's wall papered, don't take a steamer to the concrete walls, it'll pop the skim off in seconds. Internals OK stripped with a steamer.

the walls are no fines. poured concrete. a fast building system.
george wimpy and john mowlem were big time users of this build.

Yep, its called a f**k**g nightmare!

House I've been doing some work on is built like it. All external and dividing walls are made like it. Internals are block. Putting any kind of fixing in is a mission as it just breaks out and leaves you with big holes you need to fill with cement so you can drill and get a fixing in.

If it's wall papered, don't take a steamer to the concrete walls, it'll pop the skim off in seconds. Internals OK stripped with a steamer.

Totally agree ...spakies love fixing boxes in these