Tyzack

Members online

almanak

Do any of you know where i could pickup a tyzack spear and jackson 3 sided angle trowel, an idiot i work with lost my one, and the refina one i bought to replace it just isn't the same

That ones been in the shed the best part of 20 years I cant throw it away for some reason

Attachments

• 1427308198446.jpg
    1427308198446.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 819
get one of the putz from plasterers 1stopshop, my old man used to use the old tyzack ones , its rusty every time you get it out, especialy on a monday if you forget to spray it with wd40 ,cant be doing with all that rubbing with sandpaper to get the rust off

get one of the putz from plasterers 1stopshop, my old man used to use the old tyzack ones , its rusty every time you get it out, especialy on a monday if you forget to spray it with wd40 ,cant be doing with all that rubbing with sandpaper to get the rust off
Naaaaaaaa can't beat the tyzack twitcher

yeah they are good twitchers superspread, i just prefer using one that takes no looking after,, ive still got 2 of my old mans in the shed
Just give mine a wipe on my overalls to dry it ,sorted. Sometimes a little wipe over wiv some wet and dry if I'm honest

Its like loosing a limb, those new stainless steel corner trowels feel a bit flimsy and have no weight behind them.

never used a Tyzak trowel... wouldnt mind actually seeing what the fuss is/was about

a tyzak was the quality trowel of the 1960s

i had to drive to long and summervilles in enfield to purchase a marshalltown 14 inch trowel, the other plasterers called it a sabre, after 1 week i had to return to enfield as they all wanted one.
the day work plasterers complained that i was using a cement finishing trowel as it called by marshalltown, and as they were working for the union rate they would only use the union recognized plastering trowel the 11 inch tyzak.

Last edited:
never used a Tyzak trowel... wouldnt mind actually seeing what the fuss is/was about

Don't bother now danny .... cheap Chinese s**t ... years ago a new one I had warped out of shape on a house refurb and it was all board work .... still got a $25 tyzack from oz when I was rendering .... like a banana and still well used

Internal angles and especially useful when they are slightly over or under 90 deg
I use a normal angle trowel for those... infact I rarely use both wings of the angle trowel at the same time......

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk

Are ghe putz ones not stainless then?

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk

Tyzack where diffo one of the better trowels years ago, beautiful when sharp, another great trowel from years ago was a Distonn they where probably one of the first soft metal trowels, came with a wooden green handle, and left a grazed finish with so much ease, I still have couple of the old Tyzacks still, the old Sheffield steel ones

Tyzack where diffo one of the better trowels years ago, beautiful when sharp, another great trowel from years ago was a Distonn they where probably one of the first soft metal trowels, came with a wooden green handle, and left a grazed finish with so much ease, I still have couple of the old Tyzacks still, the old Sheffield steel ones
Still got a few in me garage

1st stainless trowel I bought was a tyzack, still got it, sharp as. A good tyzack worn in nice was like today's "magic" trowel. If only they made a bigger one. Also had a stainless goldblatt 13" , very very stiff trowel, great for render.