trying to get into the trade

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

blades

hi, i have just passed a dipolma level 2,,and trying to find a exprienced plasterer or firm to take me on....agencies ask for 2 work related refferences...but just having pasted my dipolma i could'nt go down that route.....iam buying a van in the next couple of weeks, and i had a lad i know from the local gym i go to, who's been in the trade years lined up who'd just lost his licence...and thought that would be ideal, i help him, out he helps me out...but he got on with a firm while i was saving up for the van...can't blame him, he has kids and a morgage..so it's back to the drawing board......any advice is gratefully recieved... i live in the durham area

Agree with flynny. Most other people will tell you to do free work experiance for builders to show your capabilities. This should be something to consider, good luck

cheers lads....ive getting a start with my old training course tutor...next week he does his own work on a weekend..so he's giving me a trial....i'll give it a few months then blag a agency...and carry on doing abit for the old tutor...

Status
Not open for further replies.