Trowel vs

Members online

Ever tried any of the kraft tools? I'm using a 14x14 magnesium hawk/handboard, been good keeps its shape well. Only use it for skimming though.

I have a few kraft tools. Mostly corner tools. Magnesium hawk is totally the way to go. So much lighter than aluminum and I think it cleans better. Even my stilts are Magnesium.

The kraft trowels look like there good, it's just breaking the mould always had MT started with an MT magnesium but couldn't find another so got the kraft

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What make are your stilts?

SmartSelectImage_2017-07-18-22-11-43.png

These are the ones I use but mine are the older version. Slightly different. You have to walk with your legs a little farther apart due to the double support but the stability and comfort are worth it. Can wear them all day doing 10' ceilings and have no problems. I get pain in my legs and back from the old single sided stilts after a long day and gave these a shot and never looked back. Mine are 10 years old and still going strong.

Don't know if I could handle the double pole, do they not feel abit Forrest Gump? I have dura, are they much lighter?

Don't know if I could handle the double pole, do they not feel abit Forrest Gump? I have dura, are they much lighter?

I think they're significantly lighter than the aluminum ones but I've never weighed them. My unscientific comparison was to trade my buddy stilts for a couple mixes. I was glad to go back to mine. ;) (He is now looking to get a pair now too)

On the kraft hawk when you remove the handle is the hawk mostly flat or does it have a threaded piece that extends into the handle which is hollowed out a bit? I'll try to get some pictures of what I mean tomorrow. My curry hawk sits flat in my bag when I remove the handle. I think the kraft one has that extra piece which doesn't stack so nice in my bag. Not a big deal if you don't remove the handle but I have to if I want to fit everything. I carry way too much stuff but can't seem to part with any of it.

I think they're significantly lighter than the aluminum ones but I've never weighed them. My unscientific comparison was to trade my buddy stilts for a couple mixes. I was glad to go back to mine. ;) (He is now looking to get a pair now too)

On the kraft hawk when you remove the handle is the hawk mostly flat or does it have a threaded piece that extends into the handle which is hollowed out a bit? I'll try to get some pictures of what I mean tomorrow. My curry hawk sits flat in my bag when I remove the handle. I think the kraft one has that extra piece which doesn't stack so nice in my bag. Not a big deal if you don't remove the handle but I have to if I want to fit everything. I carry way too much stuff but can't seem to part with any of it.

I've not took it off since I got it, I just stack things around it, will take it off and post you a pic. [emoji1360]

Couldn't get the handle off, ceased on with plaster. Had it about 5 year tho, mustn't be threaded the same as MT one because they come off straight away.